The 572XP Update Thread

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve done the vent mod on the ported one but the three other stock ones we run I left it alone cause it seems to work fine. Guess it’s only once the saw is ported and the need for fuel increases? Pretty typical mod to do on other ported saws as well.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve done it on the ported one but the three other stock ones we run I left it alone cause it seems to work fine. Guess it’s only once the saw is ported and the need for fuel increases? Pretty typical mod to do on other ported saws as well.

This.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve done the vent mod on the ported one but the three other stock ones we run I left it alone cause it seems to work fine. Guess it’s only once the saw is ported and the need for fuel increases? Pretty typical mod to do on other ported saws as well.
I've been using the Echo tank vents in anything that I can. They seem to work very well and don't require modifications, or at least thus far.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seeing a number of brake levers broken on this model. All right above the middle cross bar. This being saws in use as well as a brand new one. Was curious if other folks were having this issue or was it just a localized quirk?

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seeing a number of brake levers broken on this model. All right above the middle cross bar. This being saws in use as well as a brand new one. Was curious if other folks were having this issue or was it just a localized quirk?
It is a somewhat known issue, several came into my local dealership with their brake flags broken. Seen it elsewhere too. Id chalk it up to brittle plastic AND crappy packaging for new saws.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The plastic on brake handle doesn’t seem quite as strong as a 372. Especially in the cold. I replaced 2 so far. It wouldn’t be that hard for them to incorporate a running change to a stronger material I would think?

5000+

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been using the Echo tank vents in anything that I can. They seem to work very well and don't require modifications, or at least thus far.

I've been doing the same for years. They also release excess presure too.

5000+

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Adding an Echo tank vent at the end of the hose won't really help the 572 vent issue. The problem is at the opposite end of the hose, where it attaches to the tank.

It will if you open up/ gut the tank end and just run echo on the end of the hose

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have recognized yesterday, that my 572 starts cold without the choke. It only needs 2-3 pulls and it runs. Anyone else saw also starts like this?
I haven't tried starting mine cold without the choke, but I would guess mine would not start like that. 2 pulls on choke, and one with it off usually gets it done.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I quit after 15 pulls with no start. The saw started to pop at pull #11, but she wouldn’t start. Needless to say, not gonna try starting without choke.

I'd bet on @Karavankasbear saw the low side mixture in overly rich right now for some reason.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Popoff is probably a bit low. Just like a lot of 7900/7910 zama are.