Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
11:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For those that are following along with the 288 high top saga....you know that the hope was for that to be the beginning....not the end. The next item on the list to produce would be 266 high tops....or just anything that can be used on a 2 coil 266 because those tops aren't available anywhere.

The good news is that it won't be as expensive to produce as the 288s because we already have the frame for injection molding. The bad news is that its still expensive to machine up a mold and this round i can't personally front because ....well...I cant. So alternatively I was thinking of doing a kickstarter campaign. I think If we had 200 pledges of 65$ I could get the mold made and ship those folks out nice tops.

I've never done a kickstarter campaign so if anyone has info they can message me. Basically if you pledge $$ ... your card doesn't actually get charged unless the campaign gets fully funded. Once we reach 200 orders then everyone gets charged and I order the mold.... get covers made...and ship to those 200 folks first.

Ideas? Thoughts?

So far with the 288s the most popular colors are blue and orange. I like orange the least...black and white are pretty cool but nobody seems to want em lol.

Matte finish is much easier to do than gloss.

Part of the idea of the covers would be to mod them enough to make it possible to fit a 272 head underneith....as well as a kn filter. ;)

What do yall think?

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will Your covers over time fade to a missmatched orange shade so the saws wearing them don't get mistaken for a chainsaw brand other than Husqvarna? o_O

Asking for a friend! :rolleyes:

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are prefaded to a mismatch! Hehe. But they do come with a drop a tree on it warranty. I like the orange the least out of the 4 colors I have right now. Blue black and stihl gray are really cool.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
8:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You know I'd be in for some low tops

Orange, preferably mirror finish :-D

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The finish issue is interesting. Once you go to matte finish...there's no going back. Mirror is hard to do for the mold peoples. Many hours of polishing. The current orange does look better with mirror though.

I definitely like the blue white and black with matte finish best for sure.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Instead of using k&n filter why not get a mold going for a 372xp high top filter air horn? People would be more inclined to use a filter that is readily available at there dealer than a custom k&n.

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would like to see you succeed in your business venture. Only one problem not an owner of older husky saws.

Any Stihl stuff in the works?

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
3:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As the owner of a white Husqvarna branded KTM manufactured dirt bike can I just say that white is quite possibly the dumbest colour anyone could possibly put on any machinery that's going to see adverse conditions.

Saw polishers mileage may vary of course.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I personally think white is pretty interesting here. Practical? Ehhhhhh...who knows hehe