Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've ported a bunch of these.....seen them clock over 1,000,000 board feet without an issue. I've never shied away from recommending them.

But I'm beginning to reconsider that.

So far I've had two that spun the PTO side bearing in the case, three that had to have carb and coil replaced. Now this insanity.

Stud holding the air filter on cross threaded, and driven in until the nut in the filter base began spinning in the molding.

20201121_124207.jpg 20201121_124251.jpg 20201121_124215.jpg 20201121_124302.jpg

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just replaced the oiler on my 572, it was a bit weak from day one, than it just quit. The saw only has eight gallons through it, stopped counting tanks. I took the oiler apart and it looked fine, my guess is the tolerances were off? Other than that it starts and runs perfect, like any nearly new saw should.

The Echo is better built than the Husky IMHO, but it's a brick and needs porting for sure. The filter essentially doesn't get dirty, best I've personally seen, well the 462 is close in that department.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just replaced the oiler on my 572, it was a bit weak from day one, than it just quit. The saw only has eight gallons through it, stopped counting tanks. I took the oiler apart and it looked fine, my guess is the tolerances were off? Other than that it starts and runs perfect, like any nearly new saw should.

The Echo is better built than the Husky IMHO, but it's a brick and needs porting for sure. The filter essentially doesn't get dirty, best I've personally seen, well the 462 is close in that department.

Thanks for chiming in Andre. I like the 572.....but feel like it's too heavy. Just hate seeing stuff like this.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for chiming in Andre. I like the 572.....but feel like it's too heavy. Just hate seeing stuff like this.

I like the saw too, and it seems to be built stout, which one would hope gives the saw durability. This however this is not the first I've heard of bearing issues, so it's not good to hear it from you. I don't think I'll wear out any saw, so when it comes to these failure it's up to the guys that beat on them everyday to speak up.

Now if you think the 572 is too heavy, I doubt you'll love the new Echo, really bad power to weight stock. I do feel as tough you could throw it off a cliff and it would shrug it off, and dare I say build quality is the best in the game?
:Saeufer:

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great lakes tree removal runs them hard daily. Barry has never complained to me about them and he would. Never have had problems. Looks like one off problem with air filter, assembly issue.

I agree....just one of those things.

But....

I just repaired one a few days ago that refused to allow any fuel thru the carb. Had to replace the carb, and the coil. And install the firmware....

This was after having it shipped here from New York, and then sending back after the repair.

The Husqvarna dealer local to the guy didn't have any idea what firmware even was.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like Stihl dealers around here, they lack knowledge and parts for their saws. Doug at Ebel's has and knows how to use firmware. Depends where one lives, I guess.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like Stihl dealers around here, they lack knowledge and parts for their saws. Doug at Ebel's has and knows how to use firmware. Depends where one lives, I guess.

The difference between Stihl and Husqvarna on issues like this is huge. I had a guy call me with a MS362 that was flooding. I talked him thru replacing the solenoid, and resetting it. It was back in top form in an hour.....no shipping, no hooking it up, no downloads from Husqvarna. Just replace the part, and reset it.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The difference between Stihl and Husqvarna on issues like this is huge. I had a guy call me with a MS362 that was flooding. I talked him thru replacing the solenoid, and resetting it. It was back in top form in an hour.....no shipping, no hooking it up, no downloads from Husqvarna. Just replace the part, and reset it.
You know what to do with Stihl, their sales and service here is bad at best. I understand you like them better and I prefer Husqvarna and so do many. Are 462s lighter because of thinner cylinder walls, lighter piston, lighter crank and plastic clutch cover?