Stihl Hexa file and sawchain

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
2:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can’t help but think those smooth sides top and bottom with those markings ( ridges on the top ) with be along the lines of part of the Patent.

from the video those ridges also indicate the top of the file, I could only see a smooth opposite side (bottom).

if this is the case, then one half of file will be sharpening the LH cutters and the other side of the file will be sharpening the RH cutters
FEFE5826-870E-42CE-BDE5-AD00D5783917.jpeg 3A8F9528-1675-45A4-A1D9-3F0E7848C803.png

LoneOak

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm...I'm very interested in seeing a tooth filed all the way to the guide line. It looks to me like you will run out of top plate 1/2 way through the tooth.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
F
You have to wonder what length chain they are basing "two sharpenings" on because I imagine the files will be stupid expensive at first

Sharpen a 20" loop twice and pitch the file?

Pass

:roto2nuse:
Think they mean will sharpen 2 chains until they’re unusable any more. At least that’s what I got out of what was written

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
F
Think they mean will sharpen 2 chains until they’re unusable any more. At least that’s what I got out of what was written

Horse of a different color then, although what size chains is still in question

That seriously makes a difference if true

I don't think I have ever had a round file with that kind of usable life

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Horse of a different color then, although what size chains is still in question

That seriously makes a difference if true

I don't think I have ever had a round file with that kind of usable life
Thought they were claiming a 72 driver chain and in my opinion if you can sharpen 2 full 20” chains till unusable that’s not bad life for a file.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve just seen this.
this I has been up about 9hrs.. the guy Tim who did the other video followed it up and explained very well.

Good information and nice to know that the Hooski and Oregon raker gauges will still work

I will look for his first video on Hexa

Thanks

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good information and nice to know that the Hooski and Oregon raker gauges will still work

I will look for his first video on Hexa

Thanks

This one..edit ive been at his yt channel as well. It’s Interesting in my mind with some of the techniques, but some weren’t documented very well. :( So I found some bits hard to follow.​

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess all we can do at this point is wait the 6-9 months they are saying to see the chain and files show up on this side of the pond

Unless someone from the right side of the pond takes pity on us and puts together a care package

Just saying...

:rolleyes:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
9:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You have to wonder what length chain they are basing "two sharpenings" on because I imagine the files will be stupid expensive at first

Sharpen a 20" loop twice and pitch the file?

Pass

:roto2nuse:
Agreed. Lol

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pay more for zero gains, I cant wait to try it.
Stihl are masters of marketing, this seems to target people who cant even roundfile with a guide, so 98% of weekend warriors. :)

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pay more for zero gains, I cant wait to try it.
Stihl are masters of marketing, this seems to target people who cant even roundfile with a guide, so 98% of weekend warriors. :)

I think your right, sq filing made easy to the homeowner/wkend firewood cutter.

but I also think those with Oregon super jollies could fabricate the wheel profile to do the exact same thing.
A while back I brought a chain from China, it had a weird profile, that I thought was sq. but it wasn’t. But it sure cut well.. I will have re look at it

Round files are easy to produce. But using it in another thing. Just like having a bench grinder, you have to master how to use it to get results.

i do think homeowners will benefit from the hexa file, but they still may not file the depth gauges at the time they would benefit from it.