Woodwater

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe it will be an other outcome, if the pants are more loose. But sqarefiled Chain is made to cut fiber. Round Ground has a round side plate and this side plate is not as sharp, as a side plate on a sqare filed chain. i wear cutprotection pants, because it protect you more as you wear nothing or beachclothes. Then who cuts with full WOT in the Leg? noone mostly its the runout chain. but in the Video i have posted they made a second cut with the runout chain, with the same result. It is also well to wear protection when the chain stand. Its enough to hit your unprotected Leg with a not running Chainsawchain.

I have here a new cutprotection Pants. Class 1, its for Chainspeed up to 20 Meter per Second. class 3 is uo to 28 Meter per second.
so i take this class one today. Take some wood, sorry no Porkleg here. and make it more loose on the log. i cut not with WOT. make a vid of it.

Last edited:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
5:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it could also be the age of those pants..as well as being fixed to the log.

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My theory is is that round filed is stopped by chaps because the hook grabs the fibers and pulls them down into the gullet which is not sharp. Square doesn’t have much hook so it just cuts the fibers. Hexa is in between, so…

Also much agree with @huskihl

I heard from trusty sources Stihl hexa users will be forced to wear stihl chainmail leggings also. They will come in a kit.

all-over-print-leggings-white-front-61ae38967ede1.jpg

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
5:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I heard from trusty sources Stihl hexa users will be forced to wear stihl chainmail leggings also. They will come in a kit.

View attachment 344872

i hope so..

Does SHE come with the kit???

you buy a kit first, then let us all know

She needs a hamburger.

Nah she's got the hamburger & needs some pork sword …

Not very useful dressed in chastity pants.

a bit of persuasion and I think they will peel off her..

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
11:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots of rumors about chaps and battery and corded electric chainsaws too.

A high powered, fast RPM, saw will cut through chaps if hit hard enough. We have demonstrated this at GTGs

Lots of factors involved. It’s not ‘Safe’ or ‘Unsafe’. It’s about risk. Chaps reduce the risk, and potential severity of a chainsaw cut. They are not cut proof. They are one part of safe work practices.

Philbert

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
12:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Being aware of the potential damage caused by any chainsaw is probably the best safety lesson.
I often inform students in chainsaw safety class that a "liquor cycle " aka moped has a 50cc engine and it can propel a full grown man down the road, so stopping a kick back at full rpm with one arm is not a good situation!
I don't like that we're trying to prove how dangerous a specific option of a tool used to cut down massive trees can be ? Honestly relying on safety chaps as your operating procedure is an unsafe practice. They absolutely should be worn though even if they are there for insurance purposes, spouses and loved ones might not receive a claim without the safety gear present.
Bow bars were said to be inherently dangerous and are now banned in most areas and not sold generally anywhere, is that the road we want to go down?

Int1968

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So we have a good test. the protectionfibers stopped the Chain without cutting in your leg.

View attachment 344875
Normally when guys at work would get cut your pants will roll around your leg, you’ll need stitches but you leg won’t be hamburger. Some people at work must wear 360 wraparound from the calf down. The guy with the stihl 660 I think flywheel exploding was an eye opener.

Have also heard of a guy bumping a knot in the winter, went right through the mesh screen into his eye.

lots of ways to get hurt, stay safe. Thanks for the video