Crush it
Local time
11:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Real jobs blow..i wanna be a juggalo

View attachment 24778

We took 2 cherries today that were absolutely farkin miserable between the location/rain/mud.

Im movin to miami with @big t double to get a job at a poolside bar .
It is not considered mud untilcat stuck2.jpg cat stuck.jpg your dozer is so stuck your elbows are level with the ground beside you .

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
2:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Getting it that stuck doesn't impress me, they guy that gets it out... that impresses me.
I've recovered a few dozers (small and large), Bobcats, and even an excavator. The best was a Lull forklift 400' off the beach fully submerged. We were "supervised" by a Coast Guard vessel but they wouldn't help with any of the rigging.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
1:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've recovered a few dozers (small and large), Bobcats, and even an excavator. The best was a Lull forklift 400' off the beach fully submerged. We were "supervised" by a Coast Guard vessel but they wouldn't help with any of the rigging.
You sir would impress me. My 3yr old and I got to climb on a Kenworth 75 ton rotator last weekend and those things are awesome.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work avionics and flight controls on C-17's, DoD civil service for Uncle Sam. We do Depot Level maintenance on C-17's, C-5's, C-130's, F-15 Strike Eagle Fighters, and E-8 JSTARS at Robins. I worked A-6/E Intruders and EA-6/B Prowlers in my younger Marine Corps days. It pays the bills...what else could ya ask for, except the Powerball numbers.

Last edited:

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You sir would impress me. My 3yr old and I got to climb on a Kenworth 75 ton rotator last weekend and those things are awesome.
The industry has come a long way in the last 35 years. When I started it was all chains, cables, and slings. Hydraulics have revolutionized towing & recovery. My buddy doesn't have any rotators but I've seen them in action and am just amazed at the power they have and what they can do.

Unfortunately my health issues are preventing me from continuing that work. If it was only driving I'd be ok but it can be a physically demanding job and that's not good for someone with emphysema. :(

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like health issues creep up more and more as we get a little older. I turned 49 two days ago, and I sure can't handle the outside, heat work on airplanes like I used too. We keep twelve C-17's under hangar roofs at all times, so at least there is a little break from the sun. We work another four to six C-17's outside in the full blown sun...and it sux when ya gotta deal with them. Ya just wanna crawl under the belly of it and hunt the shade.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
11:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Getting it that stuck doesn't impress me, they guy that gets it out... that impresses me.
One of the guys off the ax-men show tugged it out for me with his link belt excavator ,just put it in reverse low gear and the machine pulled it out .Had their machine on site to pull stumps .and stack logs .

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work avionics and flight controls on C-17's, DoD civil service for Uncle Sam. We do Depot Level maintenance on C-17's, C-5's, C-130's, F-15 Strike Eagle Fighters, and E-8 JSTARS at Robins. I worked A-6/E Intruders and EA-6/B Prowlers in my younger Marine Corps days. It pays the bills...what else could ya ask for, except the Powerball numbers.
I have a friend that also works down at Robins AFB as a civil servant. He has moved mostly to the C130s now. He's a neighbor and personal friend. He recently helped out with a project we did on a plane in Brazil.