High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

So what's your "real" job?

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
hope for a good crop have not had a decent crop in a few year it has been okay.
weather needs to stop being crazy.
View attachment 24894
I do love tobacco, but trying to quit chewin. Damn hard to do though!

Might have to start smokin to quit chewin. o_O

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i do grizzly wintergreen i use to smoke i quit because i couldn't afford 55.00 per carton.
I started with Cougar wintergreen when I stopped smoking in 1992. Then did Grizzly wintergreen for 10-15 years, then changed to WB extra long cut (Real Good Stuff!) & Copenhagen (Also Real Good!). I quit back in February because of stomach & esophagus ulcers, but lately have been snitching some. Need to either stop for good or start back, Damn it man.

Nice crop you have there!

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
1:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do love tobacco, but trying to quit chewin. Damn hard to do though!

Might have to start smokin to quit chewin. o_O
Best thing i ever did was kick my tobacco habit. Used to chew grizzly straight like a madman, but its just not worth the consequences.

Last edited:

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a friend that also works down at Robins AFB as a civil servant. He has moved mostly to the C130s now. He's a neighbor and personal friend. He recently helped out with a project we did on a plane in Brazil.

My uncle is career Coast Guard and was a flight engineer on C130s for years, he is retired now but still teaches.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My uncle is career Coast Guard and was a flight engineer on C130s for years, he is retired now but still teaches.
My son is in his last year at the US Coast Guard Academy and he would really really like to get a flight school spot. He's stationed in Traverse City, MI for the next several weeks at an air station and has been getting some helicopter experience. I'm heading up to MI when he goes on leave to try to get him his private pilot license as that should increase his chances of a slot.

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a D4 Cat in deeper than the pic of the Case 450.The fan blade was throwing water on me .I took another dozer and a wrecker with a 6 part line and two days .What a fubar that was .
The trick is being able to break the suction from the mud, and that's never easy to do.

One of the toughest recoveries I ever did was an H1 Hummer that a couple of women had been mudding with in an abandoned sand pit. There was a puddle, or so they thought, that put water 6" above the bottom of the door. Turned out that the mud was right up against the floorboard. Started with a regular twin-cable wrecker with 8K winches and ended up using a 35 ton HD to lift it while pulling with the smaller truck. I'll never forget the sound when it broke the suction... it was like someone put a shopvac to my ear. Got it up on drier ground and the lady fired it up and drove it home!

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My son is in his last year at the US Coast Guard Academy and he would really really like to get a flight school spot. He's stationed in Traverse City, MI for the next several weeks at an air station and has been getting some helicopter experience. I'm heading up to MI when he goes on leave to try to get him his private pilot license as that should increase his chances of a slot.

My uncle started out on a cutter but got seasick terrible, so he transferred out of that and wound up going to jump school and becoming a rescue diver out of the helicopters. He later went to school and became a flight engineer.

Isaac

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Superintendent for a turn key site contractor. That's my title. Worst part is, I do everything. Lowboy driver, dump truck driver, operator, welder, equipment mechanic, backflow tester and sometimes a laborer. The owner of the company even called me the President the other day. Not sure what i will be next. Everyday is an adventure.:D

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One time I applied for a job at the local Hospital in the Circumcision ward, They told me the pay was 50 skins a week and a chance to get ahead. at the time I thought that was good until I found out what the pay really was.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Am 7.5 years retired from phone company in BC Canada, was there 38 years doing various jobs all over.
Started as a warehousman and then to installer then to central office (analog) then to carrier a little radio etc. then digital switching, finished my career on the line crew.
Have always done mechanical stuff as a hobby,,,,
Am just returning home from a trip across Canada (Left in April done over 12,000 miles) and coming home thru the US, am camping in Chadron NE. at the moment. A trip of a lifetime,,, bucket list thing.
BBB

Tbrown

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
19 years production maintenance at a company that is known for computer hard drive suspensions. Have had lots of side jobs over the years. Dump truck driver, log truck driver, had my own repair/fab shop, remodeling projects. Lately have been working on building and managing self storage buildings. Have two buildings on one site and am clearing another site to build more. Been a busy summer between that and time with family.IMG_20160602_150721407.jpg IMG_20160328_111637913.jpg

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Journeyman IBEW electrician,local 32 Lima Ohio,20 years .Electrician Ford motor engine plant since 1990 .Electrician by trade mechanic/machinist at heart.

Wow.