So what's your "real" job?

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On these forums, I've found over the years that chainsaws attract an eclectic mix of enthusiasts that come from all walks of life. I find it interesting to learn what other guys do when they're not messing with saws, trees and firewood.
I know that some on here make their entire living in the OPE, firewood, timber, lumber, etc. industry. But oddly, that percentage is relatively small. I think one reason is that guys that are out in the woods all day aren't really thinking about how to make their saw cut one second faster in a cant, but are trying to get wood on the ground or sawn up or bucked into firewood or whatever. On the other hand, for many of us, chainsaws are a diversion from the stress and grind of a completely different type of job.
So, what is it you do for your primary income source?

sgrizz

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On these forums, I've found over the years that chainsaws attract an eclectic mix of enthusiasts that come from all walks of life. I find it interesting to learn what other guys do when they're not messing with saws, trees and firewood.
I know that some on here make their entire living in the OPE, firewood, timber, lumber, etc. industry. But oddly, that percentage is relatively small. I think one reason is that guys that are out in the woods all day aren't really thinking about how to make their saw cut one second faster in a cant, but are trying to get wood on the ground or sawn up or bucked into firewood or whatever. On the other hand, for many of us, chainsaws are a diversion from the stress and grind of a completely different type of job.
So, what is it you do for your primary income source?
I am a autobody technician.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm a Tax Preparer, and after being confined to the office 7 days a week for 2 & 1/2 months, I can't wait to get outside and cut some wood, etc. (drive my car, ride my bike, hike, etc).

And since you started it, what do you do?