So what's your "real" job?

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
9:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Before I "Like" this I need to know that this is your choice and you are happy with it...

Yes, my best friend was talking to a mutual acquaintance who owns a tractor and OPE dealership. He is looking for a salesperson, I am talking with him tomorrow morning.

I have known the dealership owner for 35 years, thus this will be a relaxed interview where we will try to decide if it is a fit for both of us.

I have been in finance all my life, sales will be something new.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
8:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, my best friend was talking to a mutual acquaintance who owns a tractor and OPE dealership. He is looking for a salesperson, I am talking with him tomorrow morning.

I have known the dealership owner for 35 years, thus this will be a relaxed interview where we will try to decide if it is a fit for both of us.

Working at a tractor / OPE Dealer? You don't need to bring home a pay cheque, you can spend it all at the shop?

Sounds dangerous to me.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Used to sell bicycles..... most of the guys that worked there spent it all at the shop....

I avoided that. ... spend my money on stocks that are now bankrupt. Debatable who did better.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Used to sell bicycles..... most of the guys that worked there spent it all at the shop....

I avoided that. ... spend my money on stocks that are now bankrupt. Debatable who did better.

I worked in the bicycle / snowboard industry for about 15 years. What was mounted to the roof rack was always worth more than what the rack was mounted too.

I still work in an industry that I can't afford all the stuff I sell but really how many times in a life do you replace the lighting in your home?

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I worked in the bicycle / snowboard industry for about 15 years. What was mounted to the roof rack was always worth more than what the rack was mounted too.

I still work in an industry that I can't afford all the stuff I sell but really how many times in a life do you replace the lighting in your home?
I work in the bicycle industry. Have for the last 11 years. I spend my money on bike stuff, and saw stuff. Could spend it on a lot worse things than that.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my former lives ... 22 years active duty USAF ( acft. electrical ,environmental systems ) , then construction for 20 + years ( everything from hammer operating technician to project superintendant ) .
Currently retired and enjoying it.

Always enjoyed working with E&E troops when they were on my Jet, they taught me a lot. Thanks for your service.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've resigned from my position at a non-profit effective Oct 1. Don't know what's next, probably get a flying job of some sort and continue dabbling in our house rental activities. Gonna for sure be a change after being connected with the same place for over 20 years. If I don't find a job right away, I'll fix up some of the piles of stuff "in line" and begin selling stuff. I've probably got 20 inop saws that could get turned into runners and go down the road.

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I still need to iron out a couple of details, but it looks like I will be selling Case IH, Kubota, Polaris, Yamaha, Gravely, Toro, Husqvarna, Stihl and others this time next month.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive been a draftsman, project manager, estimator, salesman in the structural steel industry for 13yrs.
I recently made a decision to leave that behind and try a different industry......
More $ for me, closer to home, no contractors calling, no 85 emails to answer in a day.....

http://www.dsspecialties.com

Right now I'm drawing curtain wall for TD Gardens, Pier 57 (Google), MGM National Harbor......

Pretty neat working on high profile jobs

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Speaking of home, how's the Mrs doing?
There are good days & bad days.
She has to go in every 3 months for cancer screening for the rest of her life.
One of our doctors is convinced it's Lupus, but she passed all the Lupus tests.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
300 print jobs. We run everything worth reading in north-central and western Kansas.
What outfit you workin' at?
Obviously positioned well as others consolidate.
Harris group?