USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
10:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm just the maintenance guy for a school division. Plumbing, electrical, and everything else. If I can't fix it call 911, because your f'ed.
Nothing wrong with that...it's a jack of all trades job. Especially if ya throw in the condenser a/c, heat pump units, troubleshooting condensers coils, compressors, contactors, 24v coils, start/run capacitors, defrost timer boards, etc. Then ya gotta fool with the airhandler side of things...evaporator coils, expansion valves, blower fan motors, start/run capacitors, t-stats, etc. Ain't done it for a school system, but I've been there, done that with all you got going on. Can be a real MF'r at times. I like that call 911 deal.

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Engineer. Make plants run smoother...semi transmissions, rocker arms, lifters, intake/exhaust valves, aerospace fuel/hydraulic pumps. Working on saws seems to be a perfect fit.

nixon

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my former lives ... 22 years active duty USAF ( acft. electrical ,environmental systems ) , then construction for 20 + years ( everything from hammer operating technician to project superintendant ) .
Currently retired and enjoying it.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't know if I've posted in this thread or not...

I'm a dentist. Any other dentists on here?
Not a dentist but a end used,, the new dentistry is so much better than when I was young,, I had fears for years!!!!
The technoligy is awesome!!
BBB

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
most of my patients aren't looking for an upgrade... most of them simply struggle to keep functional. :(

ie, my job in dentistry isn't so much focused on making people look better .... but focused on keeping them functioning close to normalcy

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
bob, dentistry has earned its terrible rep...

its much better, no question. better anesthetics help a lot ... another thing makes a big difference.... trying. most guys don't even try to do a good job.

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
most of my patients aren't looking for an upgrade... most of them simply struggle to keep functional. :(

ie, my job in dentistry isn't so much focused on making people look better .... but focused on keeping them functioning close to normalcy
I've got a small fortune invested in my mouth and I know all about staying functional. Due to many factors both in and out of my control my teeth aren't holding up well. If it wasn't for my dentist over the last 25 yrs I don't even want to think where I'd be otherwise. When he retires (and it's coming soon) I don't know what I'm going to do.

Michigan Escapee

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
bob, dentistry has earned its terrible rep...

its much better, no question. better anesthetics help a lot ... another thing makes a big difference.... trying. most guys don't even try to do a good job.

I figure the next disruptive tech to come along will be 3D printing and deleting/drilling for teeth. Give someone a fat shot of demerol, maybe a hypnotic so they'll forget everything, and let the machine do its thing.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the best thing is going to come in the form of regrowing teeth from stem cells... and/or eliminating dental disease. even if we completely get rid of cavities and gum disease, that still leaves us with wear and tear and trauma to contend with as issues...which is the main part of my business.

Mark, I know what you mean. we have a serious situation in this country dentally. The average age of a dentist (when I graduated dental school 10 years ago) was 55 in this country. The new schools that have opened are 80K$ a year.... many of the people that are applying these days are foreign... they come here, get trained, and leave. We aren't training as many american's anymore. Its an issue. The largest segment of the population 55-70? years old peoples are the ones that need the most care AND have the $$ to afford it, and they are leaving CT in droves. business is down in a huge way.

Anyway, this is not a dental site, just figured I'd share that i'm weird.