odin

100% noodle arms
Local time
9:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
even beat on one of these a while.

DSCN8744-Kopie.jpg

Boy, I love me some linotype. It casts beautifully and make driving this little beasty a dream:

The deer around these parts don't seem to be too keen on it though...

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Boy, I love me some linotype. It casts beautifully and make driving this little beasty a dream:

Nice, but I'm scared of guns.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
10:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man Roland 700 Offset Lithos are what the shop I worked for while I was in High School and first started college had. Dad still works there, plate maker and runs a Kodak digital press. They still have the three Rolands but are moving more and more to variable data. Dad is a real Lithographer, done everything from linotype to cold type to offset litho.

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The one copier I had, before I left I had run 12,000,000 sheets through it. the other two had a coule million on them. they were newer. one was color.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Bowen?

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then Offset took over and letterpress was a thing of the past. any you guys know what colors these are/

pics_Main_offset2.jpg

Ahh Four Color process, I miss printing, but the money just isn't there anymore. Dad said one of the happiest days of his life was the day I got laid off. He didn't want me in a dying trade.

odin

100% noodle arms
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ahh Four Color process, I miss printing, but the money just isn't there anymore. Dad said one of the happiest days of his life was the day I got laid off. He didn't want me in a dying trade.

Lord willing, I'll be finding my way outta this shop. That being said, the pressroom is probably the most stable part of this whole operation. We roll out nearly 300 newspapers per month on our two presses.

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lord willing, I'll be finding my way outta this shop. That being said, the pressroom is probably the most stable part of this whole operation. We roll out nearly 300 newspapers per month on our two presses.
You must be ina very small town for only 300 a month.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On these forums, I've found over the years that chainsaws attract an eclectic mix of enthusiasts that come from all walks of life. I find it interesting to learn what other guys do when they're not messing with saws, trees and firewood.
I know that some on here make their entire living in the OPE, firewood, timber, lumber, etc. industry. But oddly, that percentage is relatively small. I think one reason is that guys that are out in the woods all day aren't really thinking about how to make their saw cut one second faster in a cant, but are trying to get wood on the ground or sawn up or bucked into firewood or whatever. On the other hand, for many of us, chainsaws are a diversion from the stress and grind of a completely different type of job.
So, what is it you do for your primary income source?
I work for county roads. Pave, cut trees install culberts. Run equipment. Now I mainly do brush cutting, tree cutting, removals, hazard assessments. And 24-7 call outs, trees down.