ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
1:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the last 18yrs I've worked on a large estate owned by a rock star started off doing maintainence jobs and machine repairs self employed then went full time and now I manage the agricultural side and house maintainence of the estate but still very much on the tools and for the last few years in my spare time , I've been building up my OPE business spreading the Dolmar love
Before that agricultural contracting and then forestry contracting when the felling harvesters came too town hand felling became too competitive to earn a crust

Carbine

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work as a route salesman for a baking company. Our business covers 6 states, I cover several counties. It has been the most demanding, and probably stressful job that I've had.. but has also been the most rewarding.
I previously worked for a different baking company within their facility as an operator, and was also in the Air National Guard for 6 years... 2 of which were active duty (I miss serving, a LOT).

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
7:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work as a route salesman for a baking company. Our business covers 6 states, I cover several counties. It has been the most demanding, and probably stressful job that I've had.. but has also been the most rewarding.
I previously worked for a different baking company within their facility as an operator, and was also in the Air National Guard for 6 years... 2 of which were active duty (I miss serving, a LOT).

Thank you for your service sir.

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the past 19 years i worked at a small family business doing insurance and supplemented my income by working construction on the side. I also pastor a small baptist church in yancey county. After having our 2nd child in March i got tired of working two jobs so I got hired on the Landscaping crew at Mission Hospital in Asheville. Been there 2 months now and so far so good. Hate leaving family business but I am a family man and refuse to miss my kids growing up.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wore many hats for far to long. The body ain't what it used to be and the "partners" are all gone! :-) now. Closed down most of what I had cookin. Going to just take a step back and see how this winter pans out. Hoping to come out the other side with a shop at home. Might just hang up everything but small engine hi-po work. I'm not even really interested in the rebuild work much anymore but, it will pay most of the bills. Hanging up the auto, truck, equipment, muscle, rods, and I/O boat work. Outboards might still get a nod for hi-po work. Trees still look interesting. This place will be a must do. May even keep my sanity, maybe.

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How are you liking it so far?

Okay so far, we sell Husky and Stihl and I have not sold the first Husky piece. Sold Stihl trimmers, blowers, pole saws, chain saws, Kombi units and hedge trimmers, but no Husky equipment.

With all the lines we sell there is a lot to learn.

JT78

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For 12 years worked for Olan Mills doing portrait photography and managed a 5 state territory until they went under worked at lifetouch long enough to find another job. I'm now a store manager at walgreens so I spend most of my day counting and selling drugs lol.

Matt

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have been in the hydraulic industry since 1988, went to 2 years of "college" for Fluid Power. Started out in the Hydraulic Industry as a technician - repairing hydrostatic transmissions for equipment all over the country and Canada.

In my 20's I traveled all over the country and parts of Canada working on equipment - loved the travel, beer, and good food. Got married had 2 kids and the travel was done. Now I sit behind a desk gaining weight and talking to people from all over the world answering hydraulic questions and trouble shooting systems as best I can over the phone. Been with the same company for 26 years, hope to retire at 30 years and just work on small engines.

Do small engine work for people and a local True Value Hardware rental store. I try to stick with name brand chainsaws and valuable equipment. We live in a throw away world and some people just don't get that, bring me a Poulan weed whip they paid $65 and ran Ethanol in it and then let it sit - i tell them to toss it and they get mad.

In the fall I help 2 cousins that farm around 9,000 acres of corn & beans. I drive semi tractor and also grain cart tractor.

I have rambled on enough. Take care and I love this site

Matt

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Love the truck in your avatar!
Thanks, I have always loved the looks of these old trucks.

I have 3 complete trucks and soon to be 4

71 C10 with 402BB, factory buckets and A/C
72 K10 in process - many hours & $$ to get it going
72 K20 Going to be my daily driver. Rebuilding transmission
72 C10 Will hopefully have this one soon, buying from a friend.

None of them are show trucks and will never be show trucks.