High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fixt.
The only things that haven't gone up yet are "NOS" or on hand inventory because the store hasn't bought it at the "new" price. Everybody and their brother is jacking stuff up like crazy. I hate to be so negative, it's not my nature. I believe we are all frustrated.

Thanks for fixing that.
You must know, I realize the inflation issue.
I also know the guys I buy my oil from (Authorized Echo Dealer).
Been dealing with them for years.

Last edited:

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just ran some Red Armor today (courtesy of @I saw a lot , thank you again). I went with 32:1 in my son's MS250 he and I fixed up. Figure a little extra insurance can't hurt. Doesn't smell bad and burns clean. Tunes easy.

Glad you like it as you should have enough to last awhile.:campeon:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just use whatever is on sale at the time .The last I bought was Briggs and Stratton that came in little bottles .Just right for 2 gallons of gas at 32/1 ratio . WTH I've used just about every thing made including SAE 30 WT motor oil and as of late never cooked an engine .

Chainmale

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there anything to consider regarding oil with the Stihl 4mix engines?
I've got some Amsoil Dominator turning up. Have been using Stihl Ultra HP. Only want to mix up one can for chainsaws, trimmers etc. Just making sure I'm not missing anything in regards to my combi

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Amsoil Saber has just turned up :) looking forward to trying it, though I must be honest, at the cost when compared to something like castrol 2t gardener which burns so clean and seeing the results you can get I won’t buy it again.

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there anything to consider regarding oil with the Stihl 4mix engines?
I've got some Amsoil Dominator turning up. Have been using Stihl Ultra HP. Only want to mix up one can for chainsaws, trimmers etc. Just making sure I'm not missing anything in regards to my combi
I've been mixing Stihl HP Ultra @ 50:1 for a number of stock Stihl chainsaws + an FS90 4Mix trimmer for 10 years or so without problems, although I see more carbon buildup on the piston tops than I'd like. I'm guessing that the 4Mix intake/exhaust valves would be the first areas where things would go wrong. Will probably switch to Saber when my supply of Ultra runs out.

North by Northwest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What ratio are you running with the Amsoil? Is it Saber or dominator? Seems the consensus is 40:1.
I run all my commercial saws at 44:1 , Homeowner at 50:1 & Milling saw @ 32:1 . Saber in my homeowner saws & Interceptor & Dominator now in my Dolkitas & Husky XP's & 660 Stihl .

Last edited:

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just ran some Red Armor today (courtesy of @I saw a lot , thank you again). I went with 32:1 in my son's MS250 he and I fixed up. Figure a little extra insurance can't hurt. Doesn't smell bad and burns clean. Tunes easy.

How's the oil treating you @Eagle1899 ? Maybe too soon to ask.

Eagle1899

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm really liking the Red Armor!!! I've ran about a gallon and half at 32:1 so far. Pulled the muffler on my boy's fixed up MS250 and it looks great. A nice redish film of oil on the piston and rings.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is a before photoIMG_20221007_175331026.jpg
I dropped off a chusky 372 for my nieces husband to run cutting firewood IMG_20221007_181843937.jpg
I'll take a pic in the spring after gallons of 32/1 klotz super tecniplate crap he runs.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone run Maxima Castor 927?
I’m so far in the rabbit hole of digging around on oil at the moment and all the comments I have read on it is how amazing it smells, and that castor bean oil excels with heat that it actually improves lubricity. Very popular in high loaded 2strokes?
I brought 500mls to see if the smell takes me back to my days of racing and if it is as good as they say it is!

View attachment 348655

A little update, I tried a tank of castor 927, the stuff that everyone says smells amazing. I couldn’t smell anything and it just left me with a sore throat LOL.

It was super windy though so it may have just been blown away from me. Not enough that it didn’t give me a sore throat though!!

This wasn’t a new plug, but here it was after a tank. It’s interesting to see that this castor oil actually leaves a plug coffee brown like everyone says. Ultra would always leave them ash grey with the same tune and ratio. Both are fine as I under stand it, it’s just because one is a synthetic and other is castor. Everything gets tuned the same way. Not a fully true representation of the exact condition because it wasn’t a new plug, but gives an idea. I have now cleaned it off with the wire wheel and will re test for curiosity. View attachment 348896

Either it’s the 32:1 ratio of this oil, or just the oil itself, but castor 927 isn’t for me. Just gives me a sore throat! Regarding the smell that people say they love, to me it just smells like burnt vegetable oil, certainly nothing I’d say that smells even close to nice. Second tank today in a whipper snipper (weed whacker), which is 30 minutes of constant trigger pinned and loaded for 99.5% of the time. I was under no illusion in that this oil would be the best choice in OPE, I know it’s not designed for it, but even this caught me off guard, it’s dirty & leaving a resinous (glassy and shiny hard not sticky) coating. It was tuned well, no spooge, no fouling of the plug, no incomplete / unburnt oil residue. Cool to see and fun to test. Next I’ll try the exact same test with Amsoil Saber, but mixed at 40:1.

View attachment 348955

I tried the 927 in an effort to find something that didn't tear me up milling. It failed the test and I didn't get that good ol dirt bike smell either. For me, Klotz R50 instantly transports me back to my dirtbike days and going to the races. I occasionally run some for that reason. Heck they even sell candles of it. The smell is awesome but it gummed up one of my saws bad so it's only an occasional thing. I settled on Red Armor. I can mill w/o choking out or getting sore throat/sick and it keeps the saws clean and lubed.
41-SyiaMbaL._AC_SY580_.jpg

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried the 927 in an effort to find something that didn't tear me up milling. It failed the test and I didn't get that good ol dirt bike smell either. For me, Klotz R50 instantly transports me back to my dirtbike days and going to the races. I occasionally run some for that reason. Heck they even sell candles of it. The smell is awesome but it gummed up one of my saws bad so it's only an occasional thing. I settled on Red Armor. I can mill w/o choking out or getting sore throat/sick and it keeps the saws clean and lubed.

Any of those "smells like race day" oils make me sick to my stomach after awhile.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ever try this ? been using it for several years . 8BFE5AF0-A83F-4732-80BD-932AD93770A0.jpeg

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We ran 2 saws blocking all day plus a excavator,log splitter,utvs,trucks
All you could smell was that damn
Klotz *s-word.IMG_20221008_162504156_HDR.jpg

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ever try this ? been using it for several years . View attachment 351091
No. The Klotz is what does it for me. Nostalgia in a bottle.

I couldn't run it all the time though. As mentioned, it would get old. RA doesn't do that to me at all.

Old pic of my 2150. Proper tune @ 40/1 w/ R50.
20170103_161419-jpg.105676
20170103_162346-jpg.105737