High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not trying to start an oil war or super long post but I know there is a good chance I do.

I need to buy some more and want to know what folks are useing. Several years back I used some bel rat, the. Uses a few quarts of amsoil, then got some Lucas but quit when someone told me it left their says dryer and less oily residue than other worse oils so I quit useing it. I got a qt of Raiseman semi syn that I just used up last I mixed. I am going to have to use the last of the Lucas that I have untill I buy something else and was wondering what folks are useing these days.

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Original huqvarna xp .

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do yourself a favor and put that lucas in the round filing cabinet, lots of good oils out there. Lucas is one of the few I'd specifically avoid. I'd use walmart oil hands down over that stuff until you decide what to run long term. Quite a few of the well respected builders have gone to Amsoil Dominator after one of our members did some pretty extensive testing. The walmart oil faired surprisingly well in that same testing.

My opinion any oil that's truly FD rated will probably be just fine.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
4:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a long run with Red Armor, but apparently the recipe has changed and people don’t like it.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a long run with Red Armor, but apparently the recipe has changed and people don’t like it.
Yes it did I don't know if the quality changed
But the price has nearly tripled
Since it was shindaiwa red armor
I ran it 8 year's
No issue's at all.
Then the price drove me to look elsewhere
Now running Schaeffer's boat oil.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd say Walmarts supertech is run by most everyone here locally.
I've never had to Dremel deposits out of a supertech cylinder.
But Husqvarna and Stihl oil I have.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not trying to start an oil war or super long post but I know there is a good chance I do.

I need to buy some more and want to know what folks are useing. Several years back I used some bel rat, the. Uses a few quarts of amsoil, then got some Lucas but quit when someone told me it left their says dryer and less oily residue than other worse oils so I quit useing it. I got a qt of Raiseman semi syn that I just used up last I mixed. I am going to have to use the last of the Lucas that I have untill I buy something else and was wondering what folks are useing these days.
If you tell what is available locally, and at what price, people will be able to
make a more personalized suggestion on what works amongst the candidates.
There are just so many oils, your better dealing with what is available locally and suits your pocket.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried Mobil 1 2T, it was the only oil that did not burn cleanly for me,
given that is probably my own fault for mixing it at 40:1, if I had time
to monitor it at 50:1 then it may fare better, but I just changed to Echo Power Blend semi synthetic, which never failed me, and its cheaper too. I have also
known people who never run anything other than the cheap garden variety oils
and never had an issue either, but again they were not pro loggers pushing their equipment to the limits day in day out, the right oil depends on the task at hand.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
3:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Long story, but if you want the straight poop a member here did extensive testing to destruction and found amsoil dominator to be the best. Red armor protects well too but may hurt power. Supertech synthetic is probably the best value.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Someone throw this dude outa here.

Lol.