High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
10:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Echo RA was around $62.5/gal plus tax and shipping from my local dealer. So, yeah that's expensive.
It's on Amazon for 60 free shipping (maybe that's because my wife has prime membership).

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see now, that was for 2 gallons, not a bad price for Dominator.

Using their rewards program with the limited time double rewards, you could get 6 gallons for $50ea before tax. Too bad I don't have $300 laying around to spend on a life time supply

Last edited:

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
7:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of those "smells like race day" oils make me sick to my stomach after awhile.
All I gotta do is cruise out to Glamis CA the sand toy capitol of the world on a holiday weekend. Population goes from 0 to 100,000, and they are all runnin toys. Then again maybe not so much any more with all the side X sides running reglar straight gas.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Red Armor makes a nasty mess inside of the muffler with spooge. As a person who makes steel chips inside of mufflers, and then has the find a way to get them all out, I detest oils that leave a sticky mess inside of a muffler.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
7:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind I ran it a bit and now that you mention it, I think I did have that goin on.

Also my canned storage only fuel seemed snappier in my ported saws.

amsoil now, found an e-free pump an hour away.

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I forgot to mention, I was on the mission to find that same 2 stroke smell from when I was racing dirt bikes. I went out and burnt a tank the other day and another tank today. I instantly remembered the smell - it’s Amsoil Saber that so many people were running back then (around 2009). Which also makes sense as this was when Amsoil was pushing this as the oil to use in dirtbikes I believe, now they’ve said not to use it?!

Also, Amsoil Saber Is the cleanest burning (in terms of smoke produced) that I have tested. I’m running at 32:1 and I can hardly see any smoke at all, the smell is amazing. Sadly at $44 Australian per litre, it’s not cheap, but heck I don’t mind.

633606DE-6110-4DD2-BFFE-F8ECD742A2FC.jpeg

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I forgot to mention, I was on the mission to find that same 2 stroke smell from when I was racing dirt bikes. I went out and burnt a tank the other day and another tank today. I instantly remembered the smell - it’s Amsoil Saber that so many people were running back then (around 2009). Which also makes sense as this was when Amsoil was pushing this as the oil to use in dirtbikes I believe, now they’ve said not to use it?!

Also, Amsoil Saber Is the cleanest burning (in terms of smoke produced) that I have tested. I’m running at 32:1 and I can hardly see any smoke at all, the smell is amazing. Sadly at $44 Australian per litre, it’s not cheap, but heck I don’t mind.

View attachment 351453

Wasn’t quite 09’ probably early 00’s k remember running Amsoil series 2000 in all my motox bikes, quads, sleds, etc. I think it was their dominator equivalent back then. Used to love the stuff never had any issues.

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasn’t quite 09’ probably early 00’s k remember running Amsoil series 2000 in all my motox bikes, quads, sleds, etc. I think it was their dominator equivalent back then. Used to love the stuff never had any issues.
Do they smell the same? Saber and dominator?

Woodwater

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i can get Amsoil Dominator for 10 € per US qart here. bought 3 and got a sticker with. smell is good i run it at 33,333333 : 1 o_O
the reason why; i put 150 milliliter of oil in 5 liter Fuel, so there it is.
to get 32 :1 i have to put slightly under 156 milliliter of oil in 5 liter Fuel. ;)

amsoil.jpg

Last edited:

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
2:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i can get Amsoil Dominator for 10 € per US qart here. bought 3 and got a sticker with. smell is good i run it at 33,333333 : 1 o_O
the reason why; i put 150 milliliter of oil in 5 liter Fuel, so there it is.
to get 32 :1 i have to put slightly under 156 milliliter of oil in 5 liter Fuel. ;)

View attachment 351458
If only 946ml divided by 150 equally ay Marcus.

North by Northwest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember Saber being advertised for both bikes & sleds , today Amsoil only recommends for hand helds . Have ran Interceptor & now Dominator in both sleds & bikes . Interceptor is a little lighter viscosity in the pour , supposedly an injector rated oil originally where as Dominator is a recognized premix oil . I was impressed with how well it runs cleanly in saws that are ran efficiently . I previously had associates use it in trail sleds that complained of power valve fouling , also Amsoil recommends it four high performance or modified engine usage . I would think that includes properly tuned & operated saws . I intend to run it in my new Dolkita 7900 at 44:1 once its fully broken in , currently running Saber at the same ratio for 5 tanks !

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember Saber being advertised for both bikes & sleds , today Amsoil only recommends for hand helds . Have ran Interceptor & now Dominator in both sleds & bikes . Interceptor is a little lighter viscosity in the pour , supposedly an injector rated oil originally where as Dominator is a recognized premix oil . I was impressed with how well it runs cleanly in saws that are ran efficiently . I previously had associates use it in trail sleds that complained of power valve fouling , also Amsoil recommends it four high performance or modified engine usage . I would think that includes properly tuned & operated saws . I intend to run it in my new Dolkita 7900 at 44:1 once its fully broken in , currently running Saber at the same ratio for 5 tanks !
Good stuff! I stayed away from dominator because of the amount of info I have read that it doesn’t burn as clean unless it’s in power sports equipment strung / reved out to its max, doesn’t have stabiliser and doesn’t have rust inhibitors. It’s also designed around the notion that race engines are stripped and cleaned frequently?

Then again, I think it’s all just marketing hype and business. Amsoil Saber is perfectly safe in a dirt bike so long as you aren’t stupid and try run it at 80-100:1 why anyone would in any 2 stroke is beyond me though! If you can run bog standard mineral oil in one 32:1 you sure as hell can run Saber at 32:1 - 50:1 in one too

I love how little smoke Saber produces.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don’t believe the internet about Dominator

I use it in everything and I live in the northeast on an island. Believe me, your 2 cycles will run clean stock or modified, it DOES have a very good anti corrosion additive package, and if you’re worried about ethanol fuel going bad, then don’t use it for long term storage, even if you add Marine Stabil. I wouldn’t try taking that chance, ethanol in petrol has it’s purposes, and storage is definitely NOT one of them !!!

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don’t believe the internet about Dominator

I use it in everything and I live in the northeast on an island. Believe me, your 2 cycles will run clean stock or modified, it DOES have a very good anti corrosion additive package, and if you’re worried about ethanol fuel going bad, then don’t use it for long term storage, even if you add Marine Stabil. I wouldn’t try taking that chance, ethanol in petrol has it’s purposes, and storage is definitely NOT one of them !!!
Yeah honestly, my brain is fuked with oil options and info I don’t even know where to look, what to think haha.
I like Saber so far though :) maybe I’ll try dominator in the future!

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah honestly, my brain is fuked with oil options and info I don’t even know where to look, what to think haha.
I like Saber so far though :) maybe I’ll try dominator in the future!
I've grown to like Saber the most after using most over the years.
I like to run a gallon of Red Armor every 3-4 gallons for the carbon cleaning action, then go back to Saber.

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've grown to like Saber the most after using most over the years.
I like to run a gallon of Red Armor every 3-4 gallons for the carbon cleaning action, then go back to Saber.
Run an ounce of your preferred brand of fuel system cleaner per gallon and you won’t ever have any carbon.