High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The ester oils don’t seem to burn off in a saw that great and clog stuff up from what ive seen. I’ll leave the 2 cycle bike oils to the bikes personally and run a regular air cooled oil for my saws that will flash off at the lower temps not leaving a sticky mess inside.
I know the reason many run the klotz and motul is because of the smell which I honestly think is sickening after awhile.
Never had issues in 15 years, if you run a saw the way it’s supposed to be run wide open full throttle no BS around like you should.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The ester oils don’t seem to burn off in a saw that great and clog stuff up from what ive seen. I’ll leave the 2 cycle bike oils to the bikes personally and run a regular air cooled oil for my saws that will flash off at the lower temps not leaving a sticky mess inside. In hard work. Besides that they get off easy the rest of the week.
I know the reason many run the klotz and motul is because of the smell which I honestly think is sickening after awhile.
My biggest thing is I don’t run my saws
Every day maybe a couple times a month to three or less.
So I don’t go through a whole Lotta gas oil to really give it good workouts. So most the time I use the pre-mix yes it’s expensive but for longevity it works.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
10:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never had issues in 15 years, if you run a saw the way it’s supposed to be run wide open full throttle no BS around like you should.
Lots of the gummy saws were run the way they should be too but maybe has something to do with the size of the saw ect. Maybe guys were a bit rich too I guess but personally I don’t know anyone who doesn’t run a saw wide open when cutting. If it works for you that’s great I just was stating what I’ve seen and I’m good with actual ope oil.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that your personal fav?
I don’t really have a favorite. I’m using dominator because I can get it in town. But I have some small bottles of red armor that I should use. So far nothing coats the internals like red armor does

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am starting to think or realize the debate with two-stroke oil. And I could be wrong. I think it has to do with the flashpoint of the oil of what it burns at. If the flashpoint is higher and takes more heat you get more oil in about a bottom end. If it’s low takes more .you’ll get less oil .’It burns off too fast it’s an opinion that’s why we get so many different results in 40 to 151?
Other guys that know more than me have said that flashpoint has more to do with shipping and hauling on the road vs anything we could determine useful about its performance in a saw.

What does seem to make a difference is starting viscosity. Thicker oils tend to leave more in the bottom end it. Every oil on the planet seems to coat the cylinder and piston fine, but it’s the bearings that need residual oil

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Other guys that know more than me have said that flashpoint has more to do with shipping and hauling on the road vs anything we could determine useful about its performance in a saw.

What does seem to make a difference is starting viscosity. Thicker oils tend to leave more in the bottom end it. Every oil on the planet seems to coat the cylinder and piston fine, but it’s the bearings that need residual oil
I've heard the bottom end is important in wimmens and chainsaws. Maybe @leadfarmer knows for sure?

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I agree with you 100% it’s got to get to the bearings in my one saw .I had a bearing that was good smooth and the other one felt like sandpaper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After paying attention to the builders on here, tear down pics etc, I switched to Echo oil.
I hate goo and crud in the engines.
That was a gallon ago and I think my engines are happier, or I am. No E gasoline also.

One these days, probably late winter I'm going to attempt a bottom up build.
Can't just leave em alone lol.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been running this...... 40:1
0727221533.jpg 0727221534.jpg
Almost out. When I'm out. I'll be switching to.....
0727221537.jpg
Tried a test mix last year worked well. Smells funny at 40:1 but ehh. Smell goes away at 50:1 doesn't bother me enough to go leaner.

And this is what most everyone else I know uses.......
0727221534a.jpg

Except my pops.... He runs stihl orange bottle.

Steven

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 344457 View attachment 344458
View attachment 344460
Tried a test mix last year worked well. Smells funny at 40:1 but ehh. Smell goes away at 50:1 doesn't bother me enough to go leaner.

View attachment 344459

Steven
Now that is something on the stihl oil.
I’ve never seen that on the East Coast it’s always been orange bottles 50:1 or the new ultra models 50:1

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now that is something on the stihl oil.
I’ve never seen that on the East Coast it’s always been orange bottles 50:1 or the new ultra models 50:1

It's old........... Way old. Wish I had more of it. Doesn't stink and burns very clean. Been using it for about eight years now.....

Steven

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's old........... Way old. Wish I had more of it. Doesn't stink and burns very clean. Been using it for about eight years now.....

Steven
Is that maybe the stuff that Castrol was doing for Stihl back in the day?

Last edited:

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's very possible. It's green, mixes well, lubes great and burns clean. I have no complaints about it. Well except I'm almost out.......

Steven
When you run out, you might want to give this stuff a try: 19CB3F90-2F88-4540-A1DA-82E59A95EB9D.png
Egg shooter tested this stuff and it did really well. My only gripe is the smell isn’t my favorite in the string trimmer…don’t notice the smell really at all in my saws.

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When you run out, you might want to give this stuff a try: View attachment 344464
Egg shooter tested this stuff and it did really well. My only gripe is the smell isn’t my favorite in the string trimmer…don’t notice the smell really at all in my saws.

I'd give it a whirl........ But I'm set for a good long while. Bought three cases of that dolmar oil when they were discontinuing it and blowing it out.

Thanks for the heads up on it though.

Steven

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 344457 View attachment 344458
View attachment 344460

View attachment 344459

Steven
I believe what you have is the semi synthetic hp but may be wrong