High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last time I bought Schaeffers it was $56 for a gallon, now it is $92!!!! That is why I switched to Dominator...
Last Schaeffer's I bought was 10.50 shipped a quart if you bought 6
Now it's 24 damn dollars a quart.download.jpeg
So I ordered 6 quarts of this 42.00 shipped from the Amazon
962E4864-8C8F-43E9-9936-C7B18F89B2C2.png
Then I found out they make Stihl oil
I bet that place reeks of the cat piss they put in Stihl ultra
I'm told the Castrol doesn't have the
Burning trash bag/cat piss smell of stihl ultra
I'll have to try it first.IMG_20220723_101303083.jpg
It'll be hard to beat Schaeffer's this is a hyway bb popup kit on a chusky 372 after a couple years of loaning it out to my nephew
The china stuff usually scuffs the pistons
Unless you relieve the ports and edge's I didn't
Strong saw 180+ compIMG_20220719_192816588.jpg
And this is a zoo city 272 after a couple years of heavy use.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Something I’d like to bring do attention. I understand Castro supposedly make stihl
Oil.
I have seen many people hold up the bottle of oil that said Castro on the back. I have new bottles and old bottles not one says Castro on the back. And it is green oil I think it has a lot to do with the area what country that you live in. Each east west coast thing?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Something I’d like to bring do attention. I understand Castro supposedly make stihl
Oil.
I have seen many people hold up the bottle of oil that said Castro on the back. I have new bottles and old bottles not one says Castro on the back. And it is green oil I think it has a lot to do with the area what country that you live in. Each east west coast thing?
It’s been said that the HP Super (not available in the US) is made by Castrol. I believe they have it in Canada. No idea where the orange or gray bottle stuff that we have in the US is made

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
6:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oil.
Castrol only make some Stihl oil overseas and old stuff in us like probably 20 years ago or more. Opti blends all Stihl oil in the states now and has for quite awhile. Separate lines for orange and ultra so no cross contamination

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s been said that the HP Super (not available in the US) is made by Castrol. I believe they have it in Canada. No idea where the orange or gray bottle stuff that we have in the US is made
Yes white bottle available in Australia and other areas, synthetic blend used to be sold here in one form but didn’t sell well. Stihl engendered both orange oil and ultra and just has opti blend and bottle it.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Neither do I I mainly have the orange bottles left but I’ve been using VP or I have a bottle of Red Armour then I’m gonna try to and I’m going to 40 to 1

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And yes there is a reason I am going to 40 to 1. Because I had a chainsaw I was there when it was torn down bearings were removed there was absolutely no oil in the bottom end . After years of using the orange bottle it makes you scratch your head I even had rust on the crank and lower end.
Go figure.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last Schaeffer's I bought was 10.50 shipped a quart if you bought 6
Now it's 24 damn dollars a quart.View attachment 344392
So I ordered 6 quarts of this 42.00 shipped from the Amazon
View attachment 344393
Then I found out they make Stihl oil
I bet that place reeks of the cat piss they put in Stihl ultra
I'm told the Castrol doesn't have the
Burning trash bag/cat piss smell of stihl ultra
I'll have to try it first.View attachment 344394
It'll be hard to beat Schaeffer's this is a hyway bb popup kit on a chusky 372 after a couple years of loaning it out to my nephew
The china stuff usually scuffs the pistons
Unless you relieve the ports and edge's I didn't
Strong saw 180+ compView attachment 344395
And this is a zoo city 272 after a couple years of heavy use.
I have been running some of this Castrol…kinda stinks like a 4-stroke that is burning oil. Not my favorite smell, but it is good oil. I prefer dominator, but I wanted to give this stuff a try.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And yes there is a reason I am going to 40 to 1. Because I had a chainsaw I was there when it was torn down bearings were removed there was absolutely no oil in the bottom end . After years of using the orange bottle it makes you scratch your head I even had rust on the crank and lower end.
Go figure.
That’s odd because the orange coated the bottom end fairly well from what I’ve seen.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Go figure.
40:1 with red armor will leave everything dripping red in your crank case. The stuff works great

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that your personal fav?
Yes. And that was a stihl
I have a very low our 572 that’s getting ported machine work on it. It has about 10 tanks so it. Most of it is VP premixed 50 to 1 waiting to hear back to see how that coded the cylinder and the bottom end.
The stihl is roughly 20 years old did not use it every day of my life.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am starting to think or realize the debate with two-stroke oil. And I could be wrong. I think it has to do with the flashpoint of the oil of what it burns at. If the flashpoint is higher and takes more heat you get more oil in about a bottom end. If it’s low takes more .you’ll get less oil .’It burns off too fast it’s an opinion that’s why we get so many different results in 40 to 151?

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I heard guys talking about that oil.
Good things about it
Yea been running it for years , never disappointed me . The motocross industry knows a thing or to about T2 oil protection, granted to different applications but same common theory.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea been running it for years , never disappointed me . The motocross industry knows a thing or to about T2 oil protection, granted to different applications but same common theory.
The ester oils don’t seem to burn off in a saw that great and clog stuff up from what ive seen. I’ll leave the 2 cycle bike oils to the bikes personally and run a regular air cooled oil for my saws that will flash off at the lower temps not leaving a sticky mess inside.
I know the reason many run the klotz and motul is because of the smell which I honestly think is sickening after awhile.