High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last Schaeffer's I bought was 10.50 shipped a quart if you bought 6
Now it's 24 damn dollars a quart.View attachment 344392
So I ordered 6 quarts of this 42.00 shipped from the Amazon
View attachment 344393
Then I found out they make Stihl oil
I bet that place reeks of the cat piss they put in Stihl ultra
I'm told the Castrol doesn't have the
Burning trash bag/cat piss smell of stihl ultra
I'll have to try it first.View attachment 344394
It'll be hard to beat Schaeffer's this is a hyway bb popup kit on a chusky 372 after a couple years of loaning it out to my nephew
The china stuff usually scuffs the pistons
Unless you relieve the ports and edge's I didn't
Strong saw 180+ comp
So I ordered 6 quarts of this 42.00 shipped from the Amazon
View attachment 344393
Then I found out they make Stihl oil
I bet that place reeks of the cat piss they put in Stihl ultra
I'm told the Castrol doesn't have the
Burning trash bag/cat piss smell of stihl ultra
I'll have to try it first.View attachment 344394
It'll be hard to beat Schaeffer's this is a hyway bb popup kit on a chusky 372 after a couple years of loaning it out to my nephew
The china stuff usually scuffs the pistons
Unless you relieve the ports and edge's I didn't
Strong saw 180+ compView attachment 344395
And this is a zoo city 272 after a couple years of heavy use.
I ordered 6 quarts of this on July 23rd
So I guess they've collected enough cat piss now
I'm supposed to get my order friday
Good job amazon.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would the fact you had your saw rebuilt not explain the lack of oil,
was it run lean, if so then more chance of moisture build up on surfaces
would also be lacking oil.
Good question but I don’t think so. It was mainly because it’s didn’t wanna run carburetor was leaking I guess from years of a ethanol fuel. We pressure tested it crank everything was good. Carb was actually leaking.
Then when we tore down sprocket side bearing was good starter size bearing felt rough like sandpaper and the reason we tore down was because the piston had Scoring on it at the skirt

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
6:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After opening up a handful of customer's saws lately, I can say that I don't like what I see...or don't see from 50:1 with your average oil. Often no signs of oil anywhere. The saw I just finished was run at 40:1 on Ultra...the bottom end looked really good, but the piston crown and exhaust port were nasty. I personally like to be able to run @ 32:1 (simple 4oz/gal) with an oil that doesn't cake things up....Over the past two years I have gone through just shy of a gallon of Dominator....it seems to leave things quite clean even at 32:1. There are several other great oil options that can be run at 32:1 without leaving behind a bunch of crap.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People say this is good oil, and others will say its for water cooled engines.
Started running it 4 year's ago
If I could still get it for 10.50 a quart I'd have bought cases of it
Best oil I've used.
It's 24.00+ a quart now no damn way I'll try the Castrol next 6.99 a quart

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Started running it 4 year's ago
If I could still get it for 10.50 a quart I'd have bought cases of it
Best oil I've used.
It's 24.00+ a quart now no damn way I'll try the Castrol next 6.99 a quart
Castrol Go seems to be getting popular, yea, that's expensive @24.00+ a quart.

Last edited:

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After opening up a handful of customer's saws lately, I can say that I don't like what I see...or don't see from 50:1 with your average oil. Often no signs of oil anywhere. The saw I just finished was run at 40:1 on Ultra...the bottom end looked really good, but the piston crown and exhaust port were nasty. I personally like to be able to run @ 32:1 (simple 4oz/gal) with an oil that doesn't cake things up....Over the past two years I have gone through just shy of a gallon of Dominator....it seems to leave things quite clean even at 32:1. There are several other great oil options that can be run at 32:1 without leaving behind a bunch of crap.
I totally agree with you obviously you work on the equipment so you see what comes in and what goes out and I don’t like what I’m seeing at 50 to one either and I don’t work on them I just own several saw.
I know a saw tech who’s doing some oil testing right now and his results are right in line with you was pretty much

Last edited:

2000ssm6

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just switched over to Dominator and can already tell I don't like the smell.

Was using Ultra years ago and figured out it gave me headaches, went to Klotz techiplate next and was in love.

Broken

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone still following eggs testing. He invited some to join another forum. I know some guys are members there but I can only do so many forums. I pop in here and come back So probably not gonna join another. I still check out AS on occasion. Not really scanning as much chainsaw stuff as I once did.
I don’t cut as much this time of year but I still check stuff out.

Was just wondering if anything else has scored nearly as high in the testing
Yeah eggs over there , still submits info from time to time , not as intensive as he was over here !

Broken

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got dominator at a bike shop. It ran me about $16 or $18 for 16 ounces
The only thing that concerns me about dominator is that it’s not a FD certified oil hopefully I got that right.
Amsoil does not certify their oils , Saber , Interceptor or Dominator . I have and still do run all their above oils .

Broken

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have run snowmobiles , dirt bikes competitively . Torn down a lot of 2 cycle engines . Have ran saws with 16:1 , 24:1 , 32:1 , 40:1 manufacturer recommended ratio's . Today's 50:1 is a EPA . driven recommendation imo . Actually there is no bad oil ratio with a quality oil in a properly tuned saw too the intended application . I run all my Pro grade saws @ 44:1 . I run my homeowner saws at 50 :1 . I run Dominator in my 346 xp , 357 xp & 5105H & 7900 series . However have ran Motul , Maxima , Shell , Castrol & Klotz also over the yrs . Never...Never have had an oil related engine failure !

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have run snowmobiles , dirt bikes competitively . Torn down a lot of 2 cycle engines . Have ran saws with 16:1 , 24:1 , 32:1 , 40:1 manufacturer recommended ratio's . Today's 50:1 is a EPA . driven recommendation imo . Actually there is no bad oil ratio with a quality oil in a properly tuned saw too the intended application . I run all my Pro grade saws @ 44:1 . I run my homeowner saws at 50 :1 . I run Dominator in my 346 xp , 357 xp & 5105H & 7900 series . However have ran Motul , Maxima , Shell , Castrol & Klotz also over the yrs . Never...Never have had an oil related engine failure !
I think you hit it the nail on the head about good quality oil. And for now I’m just gonna stick to my 40 to 1
Donnie Walker just posted a video of 661
It may have nothing to do with oil. makes comment that the bearings are not good quality anymore both bearings are gone in it.
He supposed to check the numbers to see how many hours are on it but he thinks it’s all may have only 400 hours on it.

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My new least favorite oil IMG_20220905_155512051.jpg
Smells exactly like burnt transmission fluid.
My great nephew was given six quarts I told him to give it back.