High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
1:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last time I bought Schaeffers it was $56 for a gallon, now it is $92!!!! That is why I switched to Dominator...

You must be talking about Schaeffer’s 9000 ? I run the 7000 and last gallon I bought a couple months ago was $26 off the shelf... Either way, that’s crazy inflation!

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You must be talking about Schaeffer’s 9000 ? I run the 7000 and last gallon I bought a couple months ago was $26 off the shelf... Either way, that’s crazy inflation!
Yes, the 9000

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you can buy 4qts for $48 at a Advance Auto, why pay $57 for 4 qts on their site?

Exactly. Doesn't make sense. i wish I would have known Advanced Auto carried the 2T oil, I have one here

Edit: Advance Auto website does not show any evidence of carrying any Amsoil products, at least not at my store. I will definitely have to check next time I am in the area

Last edited:

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exactly. Doesn't make sense. i wish I would have known Advanced Auto carried the 2T oil, I have one here

Edit: Advance Auto website does not show any evidence of carrying any Amsoil products, at least not at my store. I will definitely have to check next time I am in the area
How about an auto value store?

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got one. With the help of a mechanic I just broke down my 460.
It held good compression carburetor leaked a little bit. From ethanol fuel. Piston showed where on the skirt and on the top around the rings little bit .everything was tight my bearings clutch side was good and smooth starter side move like sandpaper. The crank shaft was covered in light rust 15 years of orange bottle stihl oil a heavy 50:1 mix
I have tried red armor at 50:1 it has detergent in it they claim to help cut carbon buildup don’t have enough experience with it yet but I do have bottles of that. I think I’ve just come to a conclusion with my saw I’m just gonna start using a 40 to 1 mixture. I have been using VP Maxx cans. Got understand I don’t use my saws every day but I also have access when I am doing a lot of cutting to non-ethanol gas. And I started buying a VP in 40 to 1

Last edited:

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My personal 2cent. I’d try the red armor. 50:1 should be enough with that specific oil but 40:1 isn’t going to hurt things. Might give you some extra miles.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm down to my last few quarts of oil and wanting to give Amsoil Dominator a try.

Online its around $30 a quart (very pricy). So where have you guys been buying it?
Thanks
I got dominator at a bike shop. It ran me about $16 or $18 for 16 ounces
The only thing that concerns me about dominator is that it’s not a FD certified oil hopefully I got that right.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I think it’s a hit or miss depending on the areas that you live in

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got dominator at a bike shop. It ran me about $16 or $18 for 16 ounces
The only thing that concerns me about dominator is that it’s not a FD certified oil hopefully I got that right.
Its not FD rated because Amsoil won’t pay for all the testing to be rated. I’d bet anything that it meets or exceeds FD performance though.