High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think Steve took things a little too serious, sometimes a break from the forums is a good idea if it's raising your blood pressure. Owners/moderators etc are not afforded that leisure. Even after cattle bust Randy's fences and Bubba & his mates fire up the pipe saw with straight gas for a piss rev session he still has to check in here to make sure the OPE heard isn't tearing one another to bits over yard and forestry tools....or oil. We are a funny bunch to say the least

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oil is serious business ya know some dudes lose their chit over oil LOL

Yeah He was a little over the top sensitive picked up on that way back I stayed away from the hole whipper snipper oil testing thing for obvious reasons...

Wanab

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oil is serious business ya know some dudes lose their chit over oil LOL

Yeah He was a little over the top sensitive picked up on that way back I stayed away from the hole whipper snipper oil testing thing for obvious reasons...

Yeah sometimes you can show people in black and white and they fail to see through rose colored glasses. On the other had 300:1 testing would off little in the RW of chain saws. If you think it would protect you from being lean your mistaken. Your air/fuel ration would have to be 6 times leaner before you got there and would have hard locked a long time before. That is respective of you adding strait gas to a 50:1 mix. No way a 50:1 mix breaks down to 300:1 because of a lean tune. I guess my point being that I am a bit hard to understand at times is the lack of fuel causes seizure and not the lack of oil when properly mixed and 1000:1 would not protect you.

Last edited:

D B Cooper

44:1 Bel-Ray MC1
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is a 201tc. The ring end gap is great. I just cleaned it up then reassembled.
The M-tron is overfeuling it bad.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
8:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah sometimes you can show people in black and white and they fail to see through rose colored glasses. On the other had 300:1 testing would off little in the RW of chain saws. If you think it would protect you from being lean your mistaken. Your air/fuel ration would have to be 6 times leaner before you got there and would have hard locked a long time before. That is respective of you adding strait gas to a 50:1 mix. No way a 50:1 mix breaks down to 300:1 because of a lean tune. I guess my point being that I am a bit hard to understand at times is the lack of fuel causes seizure and not the lack of oil when properly mixed and 1000:1 would not protect you.
I don't think that was ever the point Mr WannaBee. Was always about how much excess protection was built into a given oil, the logic being if it can lube at 300:1 correctly tuned, then it sure will and some at 40/50:1 correctly tuned too.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
9:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also it speeds up the process.
.however heat is a process of seizing and the wrong mix will add heat as the fuel/air/oil ratio is wrong , ie then the oil not lubing as it should.
So if an oil can run longer @ 300:1 then it’s got better lubing qualities.

i,m guessing the air fuel mix is a side thing… ie your ears hear it not 4stroking @wot so you retune.. then find it’s gone off tune again.. so get it checked out before it seized..

but on the other hand… oil and carbon deposits is also a problem. So if it’s a cleaner running oil @ whatever ratios that’s something else to factor..

I try not to add my thoughts to any oil thread thing, just cos I,m cheap and use what ever I buy.. I'm able to fix my own saws so a decarb is just a yearly maintenance just like maintaining other parts of saws…

So I’ve added my thoughts for this yr.. maybe next yr I will add a bit more
:risas3:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Boy that didn't take long first guess got it.
I've rebuilt 6 or 8 saws running ultra
Mostly new saws
That didn't take long to stick rings with that crap.
No issue's with orange bottle I can remember.

I know a logger who bought a couple 661s
When they came out
He ran the recommended ultra
He said he ran 50/1
Who knows
But both saws didn't make it long
I don't know what he did with them
But he runs 395s now.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've rebuilt 6 or 8 saws running ultra
Mostly new saws
That didn't take long to stick rings with that crap.
No issue's with orange bottle I can remember.

I know a logger who bought a couple 661s
When they came out
He ran the recommended ultra
He said he ran 50/1
Who knows
But both saws didn't make it long
I don't know what he did with them
But he runs 395s now.

that’s interesting, cos I heard stihl made the ultra for there 4mix engines due to the carbon buildup with the red stuff in the 4mix.

also here if you buy the ultra with a new saw they give you an extended warranty.. I just see it as marketing bs so you carryon buying into the stihl package..

edit, my mate brought a new saw got the ultra for the longer Warranty, and never used it.. as he uses stihls “Motor mix” (Aspen the Alykulate fuel ) with the oil already mixed o_O
That’s how I got mine for free.

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
that’s interesting, cos I heard stihl made the ultra for there 4mix engines due to the carbon buildup with the red stuff in the 4mix.

also here if you buy the ultra with a new saw they give you an extended warranty.. I just see it as marketing bs so you carryon buying into the stihl package..
In real world use it sucks ass.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In real world use it sucks ass.

If I said the same friend, got a 880 with 42” bar and chain for less than 1/2 the retail price directly from stihl.. you would know that stihl is just about selling stuff with a high markup with the stihl branding…. Great if you can get it, crap if your not in the club.. so I understand when you say crap in the real world of oils

I’m me and I shop around..for a deal as I’m not in the club o_O

ahh to much oil talk this yr, I got sucked into it :tiburon::risas3:

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the oil i have used the most is the original husky xp oil when it first came me and my couson bought a five gallon bucket of it for about 90 if i remember correctly that is also when i started running at 50:1 because they said we could without voiding the warranty on our saws. never had an issue with it. burns clean and doesnt smell bad

Wanab

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think that was ever the point Mr WannaBee. Was always about how much excess protection was built into a given oil, the logic being if it can lube at 300:1 correctly tuned, then it sure will and some at 40/50:1 correctly tuned too.

The problem with your logic is that oil you love so much at 300:1 may not make the top 5 @40:1. A lot more to oil that just max wear protection @ extremes.