Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been cutting down 8" and less pines and cutting the trunks off as the goats like the bark from the tops where the needles are. So I usually cut up the trunks and leave them until I have enough to bother to collect. Today was collection day. Right at a cord of less than 8" rounds. I may split the biggest ones, but they will burn fine next year. I use to just pile them in the burn pit, and burn them when I do the periodic mail burn. (We don't dump anything with our name and address on it) but figured I might as well make firewood out of it.

Thanks to you guys, I would never even considered burning pine. It seems I was the only one.

Stem

Professional Cup Stacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20211126_155108.jpg

helped a friend with brakes & wheel bearings on his gooseneck most of the day. then went to Hazard Fart to pick up a few misc things, also came home with this. I just took it apart & greased/oiled every moving part in it. runs pretty smooth, guess I'll see how long it survives.

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are those blizzaks? Or Nokia hakkapalettia
Continental WinterContact TS860 , one of the best snow tyres in past Germans ADAC tests, THE best tyre on snow.
They didn't get first place in the tests due to high wear, which doesn't bother me as we don't make much mileage.
We have these on two cars, my moms and mine.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Continental WinterContact TS860 , one of the best snow tyres in past Germans ADAC tests, THE best tyre on snow.
They didn't get first place in the tests due to high wear, which doesn't bother me as we don't make much mileage.
We have these on two cars, my moms and mine.
Been a while since I needed snow tires, I imagine there has been much development since I had blizzaks, which were awesome on my BMW. Now when it snows, I hurry and take a picture of it before it is gone. Oh, and here, 1/2" of snow shuts everything down. Pretty funny actually.

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been a while since I needed snow tires, I imagine there has been much development since I had blizzaks, which were awesome on my BMW. Now when it snows, I hurry and take a picture of it before it is gone. Oh, and here, 1/2" of snow shuts everything down. Pretty funny actually.
Haha I know where you are coming from when we get a dusting everything shuts down here too not like in New England

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know that my car can handle 4" of fresh snow, in a fun and mannered matter.
I also know that 24" of multi layerd snow and ice is way too much, even wrecked a chain trying to ignore that fact.

We usually do not have much snow, and when we have any it doesn't stay for more than a week or two.
But even on 1/2" of fresh snow a summer tyre falks flat on its face, no acceleration, no deceleration!

I don't ever want to be without winter tyres in the winter here where I am!

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You know that screws only insert themselves into new tires. Some old bald thing that needs replacing anyway? Nope, they go for the good stuff. I've pulled enough stuff out of tires to open a hardware store. Even got a 3/8" S&K combination wrench once...

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You know that screws only insert themselves into new tires. Some old bald thing that needs replacing anyway? Nope, they go for the good stuff. I've pulled enough stuff out of tires to open a hardware store. Even got a 3/8" S&K combination wrench once...
SK makes nice tools. You should go back to that neighborhood to see if your tires can find the rest of the set.:aplastao:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Wilhelm. Bar adapters? What steel did you use?
Yes, bar adapters.
Large frame Dolmar (D009) to 12mm and 14mm.
Fitment has not yet been tested.

I have no idea what kind of steel alloy it is, got the material out of the scrap bin.
It is some tough stuff though, 1mm thin it took about two dozen 180° bends forth and back before it broke.
It should hold up good in the intended application.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can’t tell the difference [emoji106]

Sent from Hoskey hilltop
Thank You! :)

Mine is not as pretty/smooth, but that didn't help the OEM one either (it is bent, I got it that way).
It is also some scrap steel so I do not know what alloy it is, but it gave the carbide mill bit a hard time regardless of liquid cooling and conservative rpm's and feeds.

I am also prototyping punches with replaceable tips.
I wanna try a couple metals as inserts and see how they'll hold up. ;)

Stem

Professional Cup Stacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is also some scrap steel so I do not know what alloy it is, but it gave the carbide mill bit a hard time regardless of liquid cooling and conservative rpm's and feeds.

Ive found with carbon steel you can get away with running zero coolant, let the heat leave in the chips. esp when taking lighter cuts, this also helps with leaving a better finish.

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you bring a rifle along? Looks like deer habitat.
We are covered up with deer. This year I’ve seen more big deer (antlered) and more of the bucks chasing the does. We used to feed them, but not any more. It wouldn’t surprise me if I came out one morning and found where they’d eaten the tires off my truck. 82FAD0A9-685C-4085-9CF1-7C095CAC5A4C.jpegF328EF95-1D27-474C-B3B6-35D1ADAB719D.jpegA2308CC5-E85A-49D0-B8D9-C257F7A1ECC3.jpeg1ED5C344-0AFF-4DF8-8A90-D3EACAE06CEE.jpeg