Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Came home from work and sharpened two 84DL full comp chisel chains.
A Windsor that already was round filed, and another 84DL full comp chisel chain that came with my recent PS-7900 purchase.
The latter needed more attention as it was round ground with a cheap hardware store chainsaw chain grinder.

Then I spent a tank of fuel on my PS-7310 bucking 24+" oak logs with the Windsor chain.

Last edited:

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today I fell off the wagon. I haven't purchased a chainsaw of any sort for probably over 2 years. I've sold off a lot of my accumulation. But today I was at a flea market and there was a sad Stihl 029 there. I got it cranked up but it was making an abnormal scraping/rattling noise. The seller said it ran fine earlier in the day. I tried removing the muffler to look at the piston but couldn't get all the nuts off with the available tools. I made an offer and he settled on a slightly higher price. I took it home. I didn't feel guilty at all. hardly...

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I built this for my brother in law who is fixing to get back surgery. He's gotten to the point that he can barely walk at all. The steps were a near impossibility. Put together with screws as it is just temporary.....we hope.

View attachment 312617
Like that better if it's only temporary!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mowed a bunch of grass for neighbors in assisted living and for another neighbor always away on the road.
Don't know why but phone won't load pics right now.... Nothing exciting so don't be sad...

I'm only two weeks out of a biceps tendonesis so I really took it easy. Took me two days to finish it 5hrs Thursday and three today. I can usually do it in 3ish hrs.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have split some of this
IMG_20211018_110726.jpg

and all of this today in the AM.
IMG_20211018_110744.jpg

Ax handle is 40" long, rounds were 24+" oak and turkey oak bucked to ~13" length.

Now I am getting ready to go to work.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of these rounds really kicked my rear. Took 20+ swings just to get it to split the first time. Lol.
It's amazing that some wood likes to split and some, fahgetaboutit. Lol
Quite the difference in weight swinging both of those Fiskars tools. Weight vs. Swing speed.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very true about the splitting difference. I've got the x27 and some mauls. I'm kinda partial to the x27 personally. But certain wood just needs a maul. I prefer a hydraulic splitter honestly lol. I just do it by hand for exercise here and there or for the fun of it. Or if I gotta knock down a already split piece to fit in the stove. But my bum elbow will quickly remind me if I've overdone it. The stringy stuff is the worst. It's also amazing how great some wood will split when it's frozen!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some wood splits a lot better, and gets a lot less stringy after it dries. Black Birch comes to mind as a good example.

I like using the plain X-27, as the light head lets me keep going a lot longer, but speed and accuracy have to be on the money to split the tough stuff.

You have to be able to strike a straight line across large rounds, and you get better leverage on the split starting near the edge instead of in the middle.