So what did you do today?

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
10:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took some wood over to my grandpa for his stove in his little shed. He mentioned it yesterday that he would take more when i could get him some. He is the kinda guy if it on his mind it is till it gets done so he can sleep at night now haha.

Then cleaned a saw.

Had some lunch. Played with the pup and now waiting to go into work. Boooo.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

BlackCoffin

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the velocity stack bolted down. Carb studs were not long enough so ended up finding some barrel nuts which I think are some fancy pants units. Drilled the velocity stack mounting holes out to the OD of the barrel nut. The barrel nuts ended up being too long so cut 2 stainless spacers to make the difference. Bolted up tight and ready to run! D1B2F8C8-F8F8-40B7-9B33-04DB2E90FFE1.jpegAD80988B-255C-4B53-8387-B0E847FDAFF3.jpeg 29B6FA59-2CBA-4270-9D47-5E09C8C093DF.jpeg

sonoransaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My brother and I took down a neighbor's large mulberry tree today (24 inches). For the desert where we live, that's big. The mulberrys here are hard wood. We both have ms251 clammys... I muffler modded both of them and retuned. I was hoping some of you guys would give me some feedback. My brother's saw feels much better. He went from it being just a tool to something he loves using just because of the little bit I did. It four strokes nicely and holds power well in the cut. His is several years old. Mine is new, only has a few tanks through it. Maybe it just needs breaking in to come into its own but it doesn't feel as good as his. Anyway, the first vid is my bro's saw. Second is mine. Thanks for any feedback on how they sound....

Last edited:

sonoransaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Led the kids 4-H group in a leather craft project.... Key fobs....

dws2LYi.jpg

uDJyZoW.jpg

sonoransaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I see much improvement in you chain filing! Yours runs lower RPM in the cut than your brothers. Wonder if you swap bar/chain to see if any difference.

Thanks...preciate that.... Your suggestion would be good. He was running a full chisel, which he really likes... be good to try mine with it. I had the standard stihl semi double bumper safety.... slower chain for sure...