So what did you do today?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's none of my business but you can pull the seals with a drywall screw .You're not going to reuse them anyway .Pop them back in with a piece of tubing or a deep socket as a seal driver .Doesn't take that long,oil them up and make sure the lip doesn't get turned, they won't leak .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you fellers. That was about 2 days of constant measuring. I don’t do it enough to be real good at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Basically stuff like that was what I did for decades only it was electrical conduit . It's a learned art, some can and some can't .--also it's a matter of pride .:)

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While it's fresh in my mind as a suggestion you might be able to get on line or go to a supplier and get the Greenlee handbook on pipe bending .It's written for ridgid electrical conduit but the geometry is the same no matter what it is .It has every method ever devised to figure out the degrees and other factors for anything from brake lines to giant pipe lines because the math is exactly the same .I had a bunch of them I gave to 6 apprentice classes when I was the instructor for same and have only one copy left I could find .Greenlee is still in business and I'm certain something like that is still out there some place .--Just a suggestion

Car wash guy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got one of those. This stainless has to be bent with a bender made for it. Conduit benders just kink it.With these benders on a 90 you gain 5/8 of an inch so mark accordingly.

Stem

Professional Cup Stacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just an fyi...if you were interested in doing it yourself the Stihl seal install tools are probably cheaper than what your paying to get them done.

I could install them no biggy, the removal is what I didnt want to mess with. quoted me $30 per saw, plus parts & the shop is 5 mins from my work. I figured that wasn't too hateful?

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well certainly you can't bend small tubing with a conduit bender .I've got tubing benders from about 1/8" up to 5/8" .It's all I can do to bend 5/8 " .Fact I have to use pipe cheater handles .
I've got stuff I've amassed over a life time including a Greenlee 785 that will bend sched 80 pipe. Eighty ton rating hydraulic .One shot up the 5" and segment bend up to 6" .Right place right time,freebe .I don't think that model is made anymore .https://www.ebay.com/itm/GREENLEE-785-5-6-BENDER/123542873945?hash=item1cc3baa759:g:~-4AAOSwC~9cEqCf

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Relays in modern manufacturing are almost a thing of the past for at least 20 years .It's all solid state PLC's these days you access with a lap top 'puter .Easy enough except for 50 ways from Sunday how they are programmed . The systems evolved so fast often times it became almost obsolete before it was fully installed .Drove me bonkers .--Then you get into robotics and it gets even more confusing because they too have a zillion operating systems .F-----it,I'm retired ,let somebody else go nuts .:applaudit:

N8TE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Relays in modern manufacturing are almost a thing of the past for at least 20 years .It's all solid state PLC's these days you access with a lap top 'puter .Easy enough except for 50 ways from Sunday how they are programmed . The systems evolved so fast often times it became almost obsolete before it was fully installed .Drove me bonkers .--Then you get into robotics and it gets even more confusing because they too have a zillion operating systems .F-----it,I'm retired ,let somebody else go nuts .:applaudit:
Microprocessors are at the core of the blue boxes I play with

Car wash guy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have programmed robots for exide I have also wired LaGuna controllers which are node based. Mister which is the company I’m installing these washes for uses micro logic. The relays in it are any ac voltage depending on what common you pull to it. They can pull any relay they want to on at any time. It’s simple and basically trouble free. It makes trouble shooting easy once you get the timing down. I’m old school and I like relays

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made the trip with the truck and trailer and back home now. Tomorrow we'll have to unload everything we hauled back.
Oh, and Groundi informed me a pine tree fell onto our fence and crushed it. I'll look at that in the daylight. Rats.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut my teeth on relays after nearly 50 years of doing it .When PLC's came into being it took me a while to realize it was the same old problems traced down to something mechanical ,Like a broken wire ,faulty input like a limit switch etc .The actual program doesn't change ,it was always something external .