Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 311711 Dresser pivots on the RS II leave something to be desired.
Grabbed these thrust ball bearings from McMaster Carr. Smooth for now. We shall see how they hold up to the harsh environment. (grit :shakehead:)
I agree!! Lol. They use the flat thrust bearings on the swingarm style grinders. They seem to hold up well.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice job on that chain!

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've pretty much settled right here, for all full chisel chain that I run, including milling and playing. It's a compromise in some cases, but its pretty durable and aggressive enough with a 1-2 degree forward lean (side plate) to keep a taller raker. I pretty much just cut hardwoods, a rare cedar or spruce every blue moon, but it works great on them too. The mill sees no different and I dont use the wench to pull it through, just a little forward pressure and she cuts great.

Square angle 27 Oct 21.PNG

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
so that makes your top plate 30° if i remember right mine are at 25° and side plate at 3° which allows me to have 35 or 40 thousands of raker depth and it cuts everything pretty damn good. what are your inside angles? mine are 20200922_200840.jpg

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been working on trying to profile a wheel on a newer rs2 that I purchased. Just a little too much forward lean at the moment. View attachment 313912View attachment 313913
Tilt dresser block towards motor to increase forward lean. Tilt block back toward operator to decrease... I use scribe mark, along with a snug adjustable wrench to control block while tightening holding bolt.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
91EA8C00-8204-4937-9A53-F945E7D8566F.jpeg A picture’s worth a thousand words
Tilt dresser block towards motor to increase forward lean. Tilt block back toward operator to decrease... I use scribe mark, along with a snug adjustable wrench to control block while tightening holding bolt.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You can also raise the slide (on my RSII kits) or lower the stone arbor so the chain makes contact with the stone further down on the chain holder arc increasing the angle of attack the chain has on the wheel.

Dolkitafreak

Dolkita686
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been working on trying to profile a wheel on a newer rs2 that I purchased. Just a little too much forward lean at the moment. View attachment 313912View attachment 313913
I disagree. And I know a lot of folks are fast to say you don’t want any lean or only 3 degrees, I found that chains like that don’t cut well after the first tank. With lean like you have it will self feed with higher rakers and still self feed when that corner isn’t perfect anymore. I much prefer angles like that vs no lean!

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I disagree. And I know a lot of folks are fast to say you don’t want any lean or only 3 degrees, I found that chains like that don’t cut well after the first tank. With lean like you have it will self feed with higher rakers and still self feed when that corner isn’t perfect anymore. I much prefer angles like that vs no lean!
I did the whole chain like this to see how it performs. I do have my other rs2 set up with less angle. Have always been happy with it…but it’s always good to try new little tweaks.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d thin the wheel down a little bit so you can lower the chain and roll the cutter down into it some more if you want it to last longer. I agree that you want a little bit of forward lean to keep pulling itself in

Agreed, a little forward lean with higher rakers makes for a nice work chain, easy on the user.