Saw video thread

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
9:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks & sounds real good. Is that an 044 or a Hybrid? Also, what did you do to it???
Hybrid,

Advanced timing
Triple port muffler
Max flo
Base gasket delete
Cut .022 from base
Cut chamber to get .018 squish
Lowered intake to 80
Raised exhaust to 101.5
JB weld in lowers
Left uppers stock at 122

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you guys ever seen what happens when you experiment with nitrous? I hope John doesn't take offence to me uploading this here, but he definitely almost went down on the upcut from inhaling the fumes.
When John and I were watching this together on his phone he told me the nitrous wasn't yet working right and was cutting in and out while he was trying to make the upcut and that's why it looked so goofy. We had a good laugh about it.
Dave

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 29008

Oh....and the hard line

Dammit I need to find an 044 of my own now... Black top cover looks awesome. I've been a husky fan for years and always respected Stihl, but now I want an 044. I got the HD-2 filter finally for the one I've been playing with and it's got more balls than the most recent video a few posts back... likes higher RPMs with HD2 + DP muffler options. I'll try to video again this weekend.

Maybe for the right price I can convince the owner of the one I've been playing with to sell it to me.

I want an 044....

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
8:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Dammit I need to find an 044 of my own now... Black top cover looks awesome. I've been a husky fan for years and always respected Stihl, but now I want an 044. I got the HD-2 filter finally for the one I've been playing with and it's got more balls than the most recent video a few posts back... likes higher RPMs with HD2 + DP muffler options. I'll try to video again this weekend.

Maybe for the right price I can convince the owner of the one I've been playing with to sell it to me.

I want an 044....
Talk to @laslabjohn

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jason, I think the one he is playing with is a little bit special. It has a SN very close to my 044#1, and all the same markings on the cylinder. I'd bet good money it is an "out performer". As an addl bonus, it is a red lever saw!

My advice would be to buy it if at all possible. The saw seems to be in very good shape, even though the owner neglected it (a waste of a great saw IMO).

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jason, I think the one he is playing with is a little bit special. It has a SN very close to my 044#1, and all the same markings on the cylinder. I'd bet good money it is an "out performer". As an addl bonus, it is a red lever saw!

My advice would be to buy it if at all possible. The saw seems to be in very good shape, even though the owner neglected it (a waste of a great saw IMO).

It is a shame Mike. The dude just lost his license for DUI... not saying folks don't make mistakes, but the saw could use an owner that appreciates it for what it is. I'll give it a shot!