High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Saw video thread

94BULLITT

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I think this thing can go 10 pin with racing fuel. I'll have to pick some up so I can try it out. This is with a 3/8 9 pin in 22" wood. It's still not the chain speed I'm after, but there are still other carbs I want to try out and a pipe I want to have made.
It's currently running a 372xp carb.

It is really cool to see an old saw cut that good:thumbup:

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
4:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Be careful on what fuel you get. Some will corrode really really bad if you don't flush the system as soon as your done running it. I seen it happen. I race drag bikes and there's people buying the fancy race fuel for a few more hp but are constantly flushing out the system when they're done.
Yeah I'm not trying to cause any problems. I will definitely be flushing the system and running immediately after anything non petroleum based if I try it. At this point the seals are my main concern as I've already converted the fuel lines to silicone in case I dabble with nitromethane. I found some orange color lines to match the saw color. Lol
I'm thinking my compression is almost high enough to go with some 110 octane, but I'm only going to mix it in to raise the octane to the point of the most gain until I cut the head off the cylinder to bump the compression up to about 250psi to run straight 110.

Last edited:

Chris Zautner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I'm not trying to cause any problems. At this point the seals are my main concern as I've already converted the fuel lines to silicone in case I dabble with nitromethane. I found some orange color lines to match the saw color. Lol
I'm thinking my compression is almost high enough to go with some 110 octane, but I'm only going to mix it in to raise the octane to the point of the most gain until I cut the head off the cylinder to bump the compression up to about 250psi to run straight 110.
I run c-12 which is 108 in my drag bike and it has a 16 to 1 compression ratio. I tried c-14 which I think is 114 and it slowed my bike down. You said you want to try some nitro. You need lots of compression for it. I recommend a product called nitro propane. It's a fuel additive. Makes a difference in saws. Can't try it in my drag bike nor would I ever. It's illegal to run in division 1 drag racing.

Chris Zautner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I'm not trying to cause any problems. I will definitely be flushing the system and running immediately after anything non petroleum based if I try it. At this point the seals are my main concern as I've already converted the fuel lines to silicone in case I dabble with nitromethane. I found some orange color lines to match the saw color. Lol
Here's a really good informational link for VP race fuels http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp-drag-racing

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
6:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
you got a small airport near by? see if you can get some 100 or 110 low lead it wont harm your fuel system and can last 5-10 years in good storage.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I run c-12 which is 108 in my drag bike and it has a 16 to 1 compression ratio. I tried c-14 which I think is 114 and it slowed my bike down. You said you want to try some nitro. You need lots of compression for it. I recommend a product called nitro propane. It's a fuel additive. Makes a difference in saws. Can't try it in my drag bike nor would I ever. It's illegal to run in division 1 drag racing.
I've been being told you want less compression for nitro or it'll diesel fire and continue running without spark. and you want higher compression for higher octane to allow the higher octane to convert into power instead of just burning off.

Last edited:

Chris Zautner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been being told you want less compression for nitro or it'll diesel fire and continue running without spark. and you want higher compression for higher octane to allow the higher octane to convert into the power instead of just burning off.
Your probably right for nitro. And yes you need more compression for higher octane. I have been told high compression for nitro. But it doesn't matter to me as I have no interest in running it anytime soon.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
you got a small airport near by? see if you can get some 100 or 110 low lead it wont harm your fuel system and can last 5-10 years in good storage.
There is a solvent/fuel supply facility where they sell drums of racing fuel and will fill your one gallon can.
This is from their brochure...
2016-07-30 21.54.54.jpg

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
6:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
funny you guys are talking compression when i got 2 strokes that spec 100psi and make 4hp at 3200 rpms lol.

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
9:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ran the 2100 in some dead hard black butt today. It is nasty hard and made the 372 and 268 I tested in it earlier in the week struggle and stall if leaned on at all.
30: bar running 404 semi chisel.

It tuned at 12000 RPM and I am thinking it may have a bit more torque backed off with a touch more fuel at about 11500
Also going to take a touch more off the exhaust and intake