Saw video thread

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Eric. Tell him the saw is screwed up. Can't fix the oiling problem. Couple of turns of a screwdriver on the carb. Then offer him $100 for the parts. Lol

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
9:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey Eric. Tell him the saw is screwed up. Can't fix the oiling problem. Couple of turns of a screwdriver on the carb. Then offer him $100 for the parts. Lol
It's a shame some shops actually do that to people. I wouldn't say it unless I witnessed it first hand on more than one occasion.

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
2:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dammit I need to find an 044 of my own now... Black top cover looks awesome. I've been a husky fan for years and always respected Stihl, but now I want an 044. I got the HD-2 filter finally for the one I've been playing with and it's got more balls than the most recent video a few posts back... likes higher RPMs with HD2 + DP muffler options. I'll try to video again this weekend.

Maybe for the right price I can convince the owner of the one I've been playing with to sell it to me.

I want an 044....

I have always been a Stihl boy but recently got hold of a pike of pro huskys..... 371's 372's, a 268 etc etc.

I planned to keep one to broaden my horizons and after using them a fair bit, the only thing I liked more than my 0xx stihls is the spring AV.

I sold them all and built the 064 above instead.

I just prefer the feel, the power delivery, the sound and the carb adjustment that is not behind the starter handle.
Ooooo that annoys me!

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have always been a Stihl boy but recently got hold of a pike of pro huskys..... 371's 372's, a 268 etc etc.

I planned to keep one to broaden my horizons and after using them a fair bit, the only thing I liked more than my 0xx stihls is the spring AV.

I sold them all and built the 064 above instead.

I just prefer the feel, the power delivery, the sound and the carb adjustment that is not behind the starter handle.
Ooooo that annoys me!

I was just the opposite. Once I ran my huskies I sold all my running Stihl's. Each to his own though.

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
2:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just the opposite. Once I ran my huskies I sold all my running Stihl's. Each to his own though.

Oh hell yeah!

I will never say either is better than the other, unless I am having a stir.
The huskys ran great, cut great, good to work on..... except when trying to adjust the carb

They both have their pro's and cons. It comes down to what you prefer.

I have kept a 2100CD and 2101XP for milling so I am still bipartsan

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oh hell yeah!

I will never say either is better than the other, unless I am having a stir.
The huskys ran great, cut great, good to work on..... except when trying to adjust the carb

They both have their pro's and cons. It comes down to what you prefer.

I have kept a 2100CD and 2101XP for milling so I am still bipartsan

Good choice on saw's! I still have a 460, 064 minster that Jason is gonna be building and a 056 mag ll project that is gonna be heading down to North Carolina for a little massage.

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The cream and orange breaks up the solid orange. Even though I'm trying to add in some red in there also.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your saw runs great, so please explain so I can wrap my head around it, did you fill the top or bottom part of the lowers, and is the purpose to increase transfer velocity, or to alter the timing of them?

Thanks.
image.jpeg

I only filled the small lip in on the bottom of the lower. Just tryin something different than grinding it off.

And yes, I was shootin for more velocity.
image.jpeg
Smooth transition with a little added velocity

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag