Saw video thread

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just finished up this 12mm no decomp 044 today. I'm very glad I didn't fatten the squish band as it's a knuckle buster as it is.
These are the first cuts after initial tuning so there is going to be a good improvement once the rings set. The chain is from my 064/066 hybrid so the rakers are way too low for this saw.
Nice!
You gotta get rid of some of those saw dust chips. Lol

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On a much more tame note... Here's 1st video of 044 stock and then 2nd video with dual port Huztl muffler setup.
The saw woke up nice. This is the 1992 with red kill switch (rare) and KS cylinder I have a thread going.
Owner thought it wasn't oiling ... had it out on a tree job last week before new muffler and it's perfect.
2nd video taken and chain not sharpened since being out on tree job. I now have to return to the owner very hard to give it back.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It has been hot & humid. Went for a bike ride on Thurs and did not stop drinking fluids for hours.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i went to my stihl dealer yesterday and he knows i am into saws big time and asked if i was going to the antique tractor show and that they was having a chainsaw competition . i told him i would be there and on my way there today i stopped by and got a new chain for my 026 and let him try it out . the 026 put a smile on his face . around here ported saws are not heard of . i wish they was a bigger turn out at the competition and had bigger wood . i got a few funny looks when i went in there with the 026 but that all changed when i fired it up
it was dry red oak and i guess i am not use to wearing ear muffs im in the green shirt
here is the other guy that showed up with his stock 660 big saws are rare around here also most people around have the 029 or smaller saws thank you al for such a nice saw

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
6:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
i went to my stihl dealer yesterday and he knows i am into saws big time and asked if i was going to the antique tractor show and that they was having a chainsaw competition . i told him i would be there and on my way there today i stopped by and got a new chain for my 026 and let him try it out . the 026 put a smile on his face . around here ported saws are not heard of . i wish they was a bigger turn out at the competition and had bigger wood . i got a few funny looks when i went in there with the 026 but that all changed when i fired it up
it was dry red oak and i guess i am not use to wearing ear muffs im in the green shirt
here is the other guy that showed up with his stock 660 big saws are rare around here also most people around have the 029 or smaller saws thank you al for such a nice saw
What was the problem with the timer?

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I think this thing can go 10 pin with racing fuel. I'll have to pick some up so I can try it out. This is with a 3/8 9 pin in 22" wood. It's still not the chain speed I'm after, but there are still other carbs I want to try out and a pipe I want to have made.
It's currently running a 372xp carb.

Chris Zautner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think this thing can go 10 pin with racing fuel. I'll have to pick some up so I can try it out. This is with a 3/8 9 pin in 22" wood. It's still not the chain speed I'm after, but there are still other carbs I want to try out and a pipe I want to have made.
It's currently running a 372xp carb.
Be careful on what fuel you get. Some will corrode really really bad if you don't flush the system as soon as your done running it. I seen it happen. I race drag bikes and there's people buying the fancy race fuel for a few more hp but are constantly flushing out the system when they're done.