High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Saw video thread

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
2:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Around here that's called stump jumping.

It’s how some guys cut veneer. It keeps from pulling fibers out of the heart. Just have to be careful with no hinge

The only 2 problems with that technique, are 1: IF you find a buried 16 penny nail, or small tree spike with the tip it gets interesting real fast, and 2: if the center was hollow, the last 7 seconds of his cut could have barberchaired like a MOFO.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The 572 ported by Jay Rutkiewicz. This saw has literally no run time on it and I think the timing is still a little too far advanced, but it also hasn't learned or broken in yet, so I'm probably going to post another video in a week or so after I've gotten some tanks thru it.

Eee.mmm

Sporty little thing. All vids tuned around 14k. 2 are running a square ground work chain

Because some don't get out of this thread. Lol
Definitely sporty

Some bar buried 24 action.
32 skip :sisi3:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a small mount 24” bar Mason. My 5105 and 6100 uses the same mount. Not exactly my favorite either. Come get it if you need it. I’m practicing social distancing, but you’re probably as well.
Good deal. With a longer bar that will get real interesting 6100 vs 361.
@Plan D

Trying to figure out what was wrong with the chain after the vid. I put it on the grinder and checked the rakers and found that I had mistakenly lowered them to .032”. Oh well, it’ll get better as I sharpen it a few more times
Mill chain. Drop the drags to 35 or 40 in white oak slabs. Good runner
The only 2 problems with that technique, are 1: IF you find a buried 16 penny nail, or small tree spike with the tip it gets interesting real fast, and 2: if the center was hollow, the last 7 seconds of his cut could have barberchaired like a MOFO.
Nails a nail is a nail. Cut many.

He knew the tree was solid after the first plunge cut, think about it. I'm still learning this stuffs. Good stuffs Randy, Thanks.
Your saw in solid white oak base is a strong runner.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Still requires a market. There are a dozen commercial sawmills within 50-70 miles of me. And probably 50 bandsaw mills owned by individuals.
Wish we had that problem. These guys around here want 700-900 a day to bring out a portable. Most if them don't understand production work imo. Then they have no answer for big stuff but... we can bring a chainsaw mill to bust them up 900 a day and then we can saw them up for you into lumber. I ask... how many slabs an hour... oh one. I laugh. I do two logs and load by myself in one day with a chainsaw mill. *f-word them crooks. Saws break in fast... two three tanks is only four to six long heat cycles. I put the little ones on the narrow work like single log posts.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good log for testing. Seems pretty consistent.
Yup I agree, it was a nice and dense red oak piece. I counted 130 growth rings and roughly 20” diameter. Grew slow. I like using this 361 as a benchmark to judge other modified 60cc saws as I know it is slightly faster in cut speed than a stock 441 and stock 572xp. So we know it must be in the neighborhood of about 6-6.5 peak horsepower... since we know for a fact the 572 is 5.9hp and the 441 is 5.6 horsepower. It might not have the low end torque across the curve of the larger stock saws. But for its size... the 361 is impressive. Especially with a 20” bar.

Last edited:

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup I agree, it was a nice and dense red oak piece. I counted 130 growth rings and roughly 20” diameter. Grew slow. I like using this 361 as a benchmark to judge other modified 60cc saws as I know it is slightly faster in cut speed than a stock 441 and stock 572xp. So we know it must be in the neighborhood of about 6-6.5 peak horsepower... since we know for a fact the 572 is 5.9hp and the 441 is 5.6 horsepower. It might not have the low end torque across the curve of the larger stock saws. But for its size... the 361 is impressive. Especially with a 20” bar.
I have a thing for that b1tch
:dancing:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Guess with this down time and tree work about stopped up... my saws need bigger lungs. It's going to be a very busy summer and fall for gtgs. Need to get some videos done for all the base line runs on stock and muffler modded saws. Then maybe chain them up before the crash diet.
Have to start a thread to start some fights about what wood species is best to test or just go straight to Ohhiospeedwood?... no... no bass wood here or balsa :(

:oops:

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The guys that use that cut claim it’s way safer than any other cut in the woods. I’m not gunna start an argument about it, but it’s a necessity when cutting walnut.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The guys that use that cut claim it’s way safer than any other cut in the woods. I’m not gunna start an argument about it, but it’s a necessity when cutting walnut.
I did it to a giant maple like that. Hit metal and used three saws. Killed every chain and it was well worth it.