Saw video thread

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
9:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wanted to share this video I found. No doubt in my mind some of the ported 90cc would cut right through the chaps. Stay safe out there guys... wear saw pants and I guess don’t cut yourself. Lol

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
7:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wanted to share this video I found. No doubt in my mind some of the ported 90cc would cut right through the chaps. Stay safe out there guys... wear saw pants and I guess don’t cut yourself. Lol

Most stock saws will cut through your pants/chaps a little before it stops if you’re full throttle, depending on what they’re rated at. We have a minimum standard for protection rating here, 3600 ft/min and full wrap calf protection. I’m not familiar with with standards south of the border so I’m not sure how you guys regulate it.

From our testing pants rated at 3600 ft/min and a saw running at 13000 rpm full throttle will consistently cut through your pants with a 1” cut, just reducing the severity not stopping it completely. The Pfanner Ventilation that he cut first are rated at 20m/s (just over 3900 ft/min) and work quite well, we always encourage guys to buy the best gear they can, it makes a difference.

Cloggerpro

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Most stock saws will cut through your pants/chaps a little before it stops if you’re full throttle, depending on what they’re rated at. We have a minimum standard for protection rating here, 3600 ft/min and full wrap calf protection. I’m not familiar with with standards south of the border so I’m not sure how you guys regulate it.

From our testing pants rated at 3600 ft/min and a saw running at 13000 rpm full throttle will consistently cut through your pants with a 1” cut, just reducing the severity not stopping it completely. The Pfanner Ventilation that he cut first are rated at 20m/s (just over 3900 ft/min) and work quite well, we always encourage guys to buy the best gear they can, it makes a difference.
That is a little concerning! From a manufacturers perspective (Clogger) I can tell you that the chaps in question are rated and tested to the same chainspeed as the the Pfanner pants. Obviously i am not trying to say for a moment that they did stop the saw but I will make a couple of points that may have influenced what happened.
1. how tight you have your straps makes a big difference to how they perform in terms of rotation
2. Always have all of your straps done up!
3. When it comes to chainsaw protection of any sort, it is one accident use only! Cutting into the protective fabric once will destroy the integrity of the garment for any future use. It is not unexpected that it failed the second time around, particularly with that size saw!!!