Saw video thread

N8TE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will see if they delete mine, fists cut with the 125 wb101, was checking the tune and one of the clutch bolts came out so it didn’t post it before, I couldn’t see the bar coming out of the cut tell it was too late...twice! Lol the video is from December, but I posted it this week on yt
That thing sounds good, and good job on that chain too!:pesas:

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
7:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone say 60cc saws? I played around with some today, 361 has a 440 carb and the 562 I just got recently. Both mofo-ified. Lol.
Thanks for the testing Mason.

I believe it comes down to personal preference in a saw when there is only 1 second difference in a log that size.

Computer controlled saws will generally be faster than manual tune in a bigger log if similar in size and performance because the AT can tune the saw for peak rpm 10 times a second.

The 562 has a long stroke and is 62cc. The longer stroke gives the ports more area for their size vs a short stroke saw-I believe that there is where the performance of the 562 stems from. A PITA to work on, but an excellent design for performance.

The 361 can have a 460 oiler as a bolt on, so it can run a long bar in a pinch, yet be turned up for limbing much more that the 562 will allow. It’s also 58-59cc.

I like ‘em both, but the 361 is more my style. I’m glad you like the 562 Mason. I’d like to see where the 262 and a good 036 place against the 562. It’s too bad that COVID has eliminated our GTG this year.

I never thought I’d be wishing to sit in traffic again and have some normal life back

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the testing Mason.

I believe it comes down to personal preference in a saw when there is only 1 second difference in a log that size.

Computer controlled saws will generally be faster than manual tune in a bigger log if similar in size and performance because the AT can tune the saw for peak rpm 10 times a second.

The 562 has a long stroke and is 62cc. The longer stroke gives the ports more area for their size vs a short stroke saw-I believe that there is where the performance of the 562 stems from. A PITA to work on, but an excellent design for performance.

The 361 can have a 460 oiler as a bolt on, so it can run a long bar in a pinch, yet be turned up for limbing much more that the 562 will allow. It’s also 58-59cc.

I like ‘em both, but the 361 is more my style. I’m glad you like the 562 Mason. I’d like to see where the 262 and a good 036 place against the 562. It’s too bad that COVID has eliminated our GTG this year.

I never thought I’d be wishing to sit in traffic again and have some normal life back
No problem doc and I’m missing the gtg too as well myself, really sucks not having it. I was going to test the mofo/paragon 262, but I don’t have a small mount in 24”. I took it along then realized again it was small mount when I got there... grrr. Did I mention I hate the hoosky small baby mount? Lol. I do have a 20” small mount bar that can run the same chain as the 361 20” large mount. Should be interesting to see how the 262 at 62cc compares to the 59cc 361. The 562xp gives the confusing hint in its name that it is 62cc. But it is not. It’s actually 59.8cc. They added the 2 to differentiate it from the 560xp and 555.

Last edited:

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No problem doc and I’m missing the gtg too as well myself, really sucks not having it. I was going to test the mofo/paragon 262, but I don’t have a small mount in 24”. I took it along then realized again it was small mount when I got there... grrr. Did I mention I hate the hoosky small baby mount? Lol. I do have a 20” small mount bar that can run the same chain as the 361 20” large mount. Should be interesting to see how the 262 at 62cc compares to the 59cc 361. The 562xp gives the confusing hint in its name that it is 62cc. But it is not. It’s actually 59.8cc. They added the 2 to differentiate it from the 560xp and 555.
I have a small mount 24” bar Mason. My 5105 and 6100 uses the same mount. Not exactly my favorite either. Come get it if you need it. I’m practicing social distancing, but you’re probably as well.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got this off ebay and it came yesterday. The intake clamp wasn't latched so I fixed that and replaced the carb. Piston looks good, no scoring and you can still see the machine marks. Runs good for a stock saw.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a small mount 24” bar Mason. My 5105 and 6100 uses the same mount. Not exactly my favorite either. Come get it if you need it. I’m practicing social distancing, but you’re probably as well.
We need to meet up, I’ll have to take you up on that, thanks! .... We will just keep 6 feet apart. Lol

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Plan D

Trying to figure out what was wrong with the chain after the vid. I put it on the grinder and checked the rakers and found that I had mistakenly lowered them to .032”. Oh well, it’ll get better as I sharpen it a few more times
https://youtu.be/r_aZdLAc15s

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice! Looks like an advanced felling technique there. Not his first Rodeo...
Saw ran nice. He really leans on that bar. Especially during plunge cuts.