Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
5:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It just so happens that The Bubba LLC is assembling an 076 cut off saw today. You're right.....none of these tools fit the clutch side.

I've thought for years I had this covered. Nobody said anything otherwise until 2 weeks ago. I have an m12x1.5lh tap that you can borrow if you need. But it cost me 60 bux the other day :(

Anywho. There is a solution coming. Early next week my machinist has time to start banging things out. Soon man.....soon.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've thought for years I had this covered. Nobody said anything otherwise until 2 weeks ago. I have an m12x1.5lh tap that you can borrow if you need. But it cost me 60 bux the other day :(

Anywho. There is a solution coming. Early next week my machinist has time to start banging things out. Soon man.....soon.

I also have the factory Stihl crank pulling tools. So.....I was able to pull it together.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I usually get one side for free if I freeze the crank. It just drops into the bearing, after it soaks up case half heat, like buttah.

The key is remembering to check the tool for the crank before hand. So if it’s an oddball, you have to just first and modify assembly sequence.

Even without a frozen crank, it usually slips right through the hot fly side bearing on assembly 99% of the time. I generally only need the PTO side tool, but it is priceless when you have it.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
UPDATE: the batch was supposed to be completely last week. My machinist had a family emergency and he will be finishing the rods this week.

Sleeves are in que but for the preorders I have now I have enough sleeves to cover. Thanks for everyone's patience!

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
UPDATE... as of right now (friday night) ... it is expected SUNDAY to have tools ready, so I will be driving to my machinist Sunday to get rods.

HOWEVER... this coming week will be sleeve production. I have 4 preorders and 3 sets of sleeves in stock, so I'll be getting that covered this week hopefully.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
RODS NOW IN STOCK!!! YEY!!! BUT... I don't have sleeves. Well, I have enough for 3 of the preorders, but not for the other preorders.

This week my machinist will be working on the sleeves and should get some ready so I have plenty of stock.

ROD UPDATE: 076 ...

so previously I combined old husky 61 with stihl 661 on a double ender rod. I'm still continuing to do that, but now ALSO have 661/ 076 rods for those that need them :) we shall see how much interest there is for these. I've gone years now thinking the main kit takes care of 076. I was wrong. its m12x1.5lh UGH.

Let me know if you need one!

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sleeves stock eta at this point is next Wednesday or Thursday according to my machinist. Bit longer than expected but I'll finally have stock after months of not having extra on hand.

Thanks everyone!

ry597

Active OPE Member
Local time
6:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Highly recommend these tools! even if your just a hobbyist like me. It makes life so much easier and the complete kit cover most of the saws out there. makes life so much better when dealing with crankcases. can't thankyou enough matthew!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Highly recommend these tools! even if your just a hobbyist like me. It makes life so much easier and the complete kit cover most of the saws out there. makes life so much better when dealing with crankcases. can't thankyou enough matthew!

I actually have 90% of the factory tools to do this with.....but I use the tools @Mattyo makes most often. They're just so simple.

birdmeter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pix of the offending hammer?

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I actually have 90% of the factory tools to do this with.....but I use the tools @Mattyo makes most often. They're just so simple.
I have to agree Randy, its just simple and easy. I've had the set since the end of 2018 and have used it many times for both Husky and Stihl saws. I assembled a MS660 china case with OEM internals last night:
20200801_175703.jpg

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to agree Randy, its just simple and easy. I've had the set since the end of 2018 and have used it many times for both Husky and Stihl saws. I assembled a MS660 china case with OEM internals last night:
View attachment 252571

That long carriage bolt was the only thing I've altered. I cut part of it off and made it into a tee handle. Great tools.