Raffle for Paragonbuilder's friend whose wife has breast cancer

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
1:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Started a new thread with the details and hopefully @Mastermind can sticky this.

I'm volunteering to run a raffle for Dan @paragonbuilder who has a buddy whose wife has breast cancer and the bills are piling up. Dan was going to sell his buddy's MS461 to raise funds, but many have suggested a raffle so here we go.

How it works - for each $10 donated you get your name entered into the pot. For example: $100 = 10 entries/chances/name thrown into the fish bowl.

End date/drawing - To be entered into the drawing/raffle. You must have your donations in by midnight Sept 2nd. The drawing will be done Sept 3rd or shortly after.

Donations - donations can be done via paypal or if you'd like to send a check/cash please contact myself Eric @malk315 or @paragonbuilder Dan. The paypal address (use Friends and Family please to avoid fees) is paypal@bvwireless.net PLEASE PLEASE include your OPE username and real name in the NOTE section of your donation (and nothing else, paypal may have a hissy if they find out its for a raffle)

PRIZES!!! special thanks to those who have donated prizes!!!

1. Husky 262XP with KS jug / HDA87 carb many new parts including seals, carb kit, no base gasket + squish adjusted, ports touched a bit, needs very little PHO from @malk315

2. Husky 576XP from @Onan18 including new jug, @Moparmyway will install to make it work ready.

3. Port job by @tree monkey

4. NOS Total Super Bar 20" Husky small mount from @Czed pictured in his post below.

5. 3 new chain loops shipped. Have square or full chisel Oregon 3/8 .050 Ideally 24" or less from @Armbru84

6. Husky 262XP rebuilt and work ready with optional port work (winners choice) from @paragonbuilder

7. Muffler mod by @Miller Mod Saws (you send muffler to Carl, @svk from AS will cover the cost for him to perform the work and return) OR $50 off a woods port at Miller Mod Saws. from @svk on AS

8. Makita/Dolmar DCS6421 saw -- see pictures below in this thread from @astnmacgto

9. Brand new, never used SIP Protection stretch security pants. Size L. see @CapitaineHaddoc pictures below. 38-35" waist with 32" length.

10. Woods port from @Mastermind

11. Stihl 036 totally gone through with new bearings, seals, gaskets, carb kit, fuel line & filter, impulse line, rings, squish and base cut, ported and work ready PHO from @Poleman Pictures below see his post.

12. NIB Stihl ES bar 20" 72DL & 2 x new 72DL A1LM Carlton chains see pics below from @GCJenks204

13. Brand new wool w/ nylon chainsaw pants...size 44x32 from @bowtechmadman on AS.

14. Winner take his choice from 1 of these. Or heck I'm not picky. If the winner wants a different makita tool we can work out something: 18V LXT Li-Ion 1/2" Hammer driver-drill kit or 18V LXT Li-Ion Impact driver kit from @Miller Mod Saws

15. Custom built benchmount chainsaw vise from @Mycamaro_68

16. Stihl 015 top handle with original case AND the original manual. Saw is in fantastic shape and starts on 2nd or 3rd pull, lots of compression, runs great. I have a new chain ordered from Forester. From @dahmer on AS

17. Chainsaw "starter" repair kit (it's got a LOT of tools for working on saws) looks like it is geared towards Stihl saws. See pictures from Dave in this thread. A great prize from @Definitive Dave

Thanks and all the best to this lady and Dan's bud who could use the help! We are like one big family here and we take care of our own! Cheers.

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20170729_132401.jpg 20170729_131922.jpg
Started a new thread with the details and hopefully @Mastermind can sticky this.

I'm volunteering to run a raffle for Dan @paragonbuilder who has a buddy whose wife has breast cancer and the bills are piling up. Dan was going to sell his buddy's MS461 to raise funds, but many have suggested a raffle so here we go.

How it works - for each $10 donated you get your name entered into the pot. For example: $100 = 10 entries/chances/name thrown into the fish bowl.

End date/drawing - To be entered into the drawing/raffle. You must have your donations in by midnight August 19th. The drawing will be done Aug 20th or shortly after.

Donations - donations can be done via paypal or if you'd like to send a check/cash please contact myself Eric @malk315 or @paragonbuilder Dan. The paypal address (use Friends and Family please to avoid fees) is paypal@bvwireless.net PLEASE PLEASE include your OPE username and real name in the NOTE section of your donation!

PRIZES!!! special thanks to those who have donated prizes!!!

1. Husky 262XP with KS / HDA87 carb many new parts including seals, carb kit, no base gasket + squish adjusted, ports touched a bit, needs very little PHO from @malk315

2. Husky 576XP from @Onan18 with new jug installed by @Moparmyway and if I have it right a port job by @tree monkey

I need reminders of the rest of the prizes -- please PM me and I'll edit this post to add to the prize list or just post in the thread. The first two have this thing at an easy $1000 worth of prizes already! I know someone offered possibly total super bar for husky small mount and possibly a Mac saw and also some chains but I I'll need a refresh from whoever is donating PM me details. Thanks and all the best to this lady and Dan's bud who could use the help! We are like one big family here and we take care of our own! Cheers.
Great good on you for running this.
Tell me where to ship the bar.
Edit.
I will ship the bar to the raffle winner.

Last edited:

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Careful using PayPal for anything like this. They will lock your account. :(

I'm willing to take a shot -- if I lost the account it's not a big deal. It's setup as a business account not sure if that helps. I was thinking Jeremy did ok w/ selling t-shirts hopefully this would make it. Thanks for the info Randy.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
how long is this going to run?

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Going great so far! Got another 262 added to the list from Dan -- see the first post prize #6.
Already up to $380 in donations from paypal and some checks are coming too I haven't accounted for yet.
Off to a great start -- once again this forum amazes me. Cheers.