Mastermind Meets The Dolmar 7900

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it would be interesting considering it is an unpopular saw that most of us have never seen/held/operated. I know you are busy, so if your schedule doesn't permit you the time necessary to devote to a thread, I totally understand.
Plus one. Id like to see some build threads of some saws that have been overlooked and discredited by the "elitist" class. That Echo cs520 you ported for me as my first saw- was a MONSTER! We all know a 550, 562, 372, 390, 440, 461, etc can be made to run. And there have been numerous threads on them in years past, which contributes to them being sought after models for the masses. Id like to see factual unbiased threads on some saws that aren't as popular. A thread is a cheap way for the viewer to get a look at a model and what it is capable of, without bearing the expense of purchasing.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Plus one. Id like to see some build threads of some saws that have been overlooked and discredited by the "elitist" class. That Echo cs520 you ported for me as my first saw- was a MONSTER! We all know a 550, 562, 372, 390, 440, 461, etc can be made to run. And there have been numerous threads on them in years past, which contributes to them being sought after models for the masses. Id like to see factual unbiased threads on some saws that aren't as popular. A thread is a cheap way for the viewer to get a look at a model and what it is capable of, without bearing the expense of purchasing.

I've been wanting a 520 ever since I did that saw. Holy *s-word........what a running little mfer.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
clamshell and it is lighter than a 346

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I'm gonna start a build thread on it shortly. Hoping you'll join in. :). Having carb issues with this 7900 I just built bought to put it down for the day. Lol.
My 675/681 Solo's both have Walbro OEM carbs which l like. I hear some have issues with the Zamma's on 7900's, I imagine the walbro would be a direct swap and fit the same on the Dolly as the 681. Could be worth considering, I'll take a Walbro out of Japan anyday over a Chingy Zamma. Just thought I'd tell ya something ya probably already new.lol Well done to Randy this new site has launched in similar fashion to a rocket ship, it's a far sight looking back to 'the old places'. Ya dunnit good!

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's what makes this enjoyable to me. If we can come together to help out someone like we did for Jeremy & Shauna, why would we not come together to share ideas, and help one another build the best saws we can?
And I thought it was all about the *s-wordty humor...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The modded zama are nice on these saws. Need to see if Rich can mod a Walbro like Terry Syd was doing down under. Rich sent me a modded zama to try on my 046. Somehow I had 3 carbs with stihl on it but not sure where they came from.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Big Efco. I'd like to see a ported 8200.