Jason's 670 project

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking good @Spike60, Bob I'm sure you are more than covered but if you need anything let me know. I still have quite a bit of stuff for these saws.

I have owned a ton of these and I agree with you Bob on the intake boot issues, I haven't seen or experienced any issues either.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
She's running. Carb a bit fussy on the idle. Might have to break it in on Aspen. May have to wait on that cause "logger buddy" ditched the oil tank vent. I'll see if I can get the other one out without wrecking it. And it's starting to rain again so I can't cut with it anyway.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking good @Spike60, Bob I'm sure you are more than covered but if you need anything let me know. I still have quite a bit of stuff for these saws.

I have owned a ton of these and I agree with you Bob on the intake boot issues, I haven't seen or experienced any issues either.
Thanks John! We all gotta share to keep the Reds going.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Harvested the vent from the other saw. If you ever mess with these thing that bend is so that the end can be tucked up to the very top of the tank to minimize leaks.

20230503_152321.jpg

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last 2 items for this afternoon. Want to open up the muffler a little bit, but not this one. Should have one around with the screw on deflector and I can get in there and hog it out, but retain a stock look. That and the gasket delete are the only mods. I don't do any legitimate porting like many of you guys. If I was to rank myself among the top 100 porters, I'd come in about 900. A lot of you guys do some amazing work I will say!

20230503_155820.jpg

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
9:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those rubber intakes would get cut from the twist wire that was around it, or less the less likely flat clamp style. Probably from being over tightened. The only saw of that era that would hold its own with a 670 was the 268 xp version closed port cylinder

Cantdog

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those rubber intakes would get cut from the twist wire that was around it, or less the less likely flat clamp style. Probably from being over tightened. The only saw of that era that would hold its own with a 670 was the 268 xp version closed port cylinder
Yep......essentially the exact same P&C as far as porting and timing goes, just with different impulse routing and intake setup.

Last edited:

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had this 670 running yesterday. Ran strong, but carb needs some attention, as it won't stay in tune. Has the wandering jets deal where both H and L screws work their way out. Rapidly too. Almost as annoying as all the jets fans since the Aaron Rodgers trade. Have to mess with the springs and stick a new adjustment guide in there.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
11:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had this 670 running yesterday. Ran strong, but carb needs some attention, as it won't stay in tune. Has the wandering jets deal where both H and L screws work their way out. Rapidly too. Almost as annoying as all the jets fans since the Aaron Rodgers trade. Have to mess with the springs and stick a new adjustment guide in there.
Looking good Bob, those 670's were like a 268 that was ported, when compared. to one another.