Jason's 670 project

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally made it back out to the shop to get this thing buttoned up. This was one of those builds that keep throwing road blocks at you. Even yesterday, I thought I heard the coil breaking up when taching it, but it was OK in the wood. So, I had to fight this one a bit. But it's nothing compared to the fight Jason put up last August. Jay, if you want to share that pic of you after the motorcycle mishap, it'll really freak everybody out. 😜

But here's a happier pic.

20230519_120743.jpg

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
God that still scares the hell out if me. If you want to come up next fri/sat and grab it we are having our first and last Memorial Day weekend yard sale. Everything is dirt cheap. Probably $10,000+ worth of parts at retail still laying around. And the 670 project is on me BTW, so don't worry about that.

jason689

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
damn dude…
damn dude….
That’s what happens when you try to be cool and wear a brain bucket on your Harley. I don’t wanna be cool anymore so I wear a full face. To those of you still rocking skid lids on your bike please wear a full face, if I was wearing a full face I would’ve walked away with some bumps and bruises/ broken wrist. Check Simpson helmets out it wouldve saved me 48 days in that disgusting place and a bill that’s more than I’m gonna make in a lifetime.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
im sure bikes are fun, but i prefer to stay on 4 wheels. a good friend of mine got in a motorcycle wreck when he was younger. riding his kz1000 and a kid pulled out in front of him. he launched and landed hard, probably easier to count the bones he didnt break. spent weeks in traction. that basically fukked him up for the rest of his life. im all good on that. glad youre ok man.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another little surprise regarding that 288 top end I had lying around. Turns out that kit was ported but none other than our own Mastermind about 10 years ago? The saw took a hit and cracked the case. Pulled it off and set it aside and it just never got used.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Parts? Crazy how much stuff you can lose tract of. This is just some of the junk from our one and only holiday weekend "yard sale". Too bad more of you guys aren't within driving distance. 30 years of stuff. Shop side is rented out. Gotta get rid of this stuff. 20230510_102610.jpg

Resized_20230522_120025.jpeg

Cantdog

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Geeze Bob.......I wasn't aware you were closing up shop......that's a sad turn of events.....guess I don't get out much these daze.......Good luck on the next phase of your life.....I'll put together another 49SP in your honor!! LOL!!

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
12:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I’d known further ahead and wasn’t stuck working this weekend I’d have tried to come up.

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Robin. Been a great 30 years, with no regrets. But to run anymore time off the clock there would surely start to create some.

Bob, that is very respectable. Many chase an unrealistic dream forced by modern society.

My dad did the same thing a few years ago, came to a point in life where everything added up, threw in the towel and wanted to spend more quality time with the grand kids.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bob, that is very respectable. Many chase an unrealistic dream forced by modern society.

My dad did the same thing a few years ago, came to a point in life where everything added up, threw in the towel and wanted to spend more quality time with the grand kids.

Thanks, and yes that sums up the thought process. One question I'll bet your Dad and I shared was, "if not now, when?" No desire to stay there until you draw your last breath, yet I've seen many do just that.

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bob, exactly right. Get to a point in life where it all makes financial sence. You can stay for the money or prestige, but you will never get back the time or health.

The saving, planning, investing, living beneath your means, and not chasing idealistic dreams goes a long way, especially when the years add up.

Nice pic of your storage, too bad I don't live closer, I'd be looking to buy some of your spare parts and support a really good patron.