High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Husqvarna 345 Intake Replacement

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
@Onan18, in have a 350 that I can't get pulse to the carb. Itnhas new fuel line and filter, carb kit , pulse hose, etc. But there doesn't seem to be pulse at all. It has the plastic clamp and no primer bulb. After reading this thread, I'm wondering if it's leaking air atmthe clamp? It doesn't seem to be real tight on the cylinder.

I pulled the cylinder yesterday and there was no cracks in the intake. Just can't figure the lack of pulse out. Any suggestions?

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
12:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the impulse path clear from carb to cylinder?

What he said, sometimes these saws will mushroom the nipple that indexes into the cylinder if it has been ran with the intake loose. The update kit with the metal clamp is like $12.00 as of 01/2020. It is foolish to not replace it, especially if you already have the cylinder off.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another thing you can do when u have the carb pulled off... pull the small impulse line off the carb adapter but leave it connected to the cylinder side. I use spray lube to squirt into that line and see if you can hear it going into the head. If it's plugged going into the head....you will know it.

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What he said, sometimes these saws will mushroom the nipple that indexes into the cylinder if it has been ran with the intake loose. The update kit with the metal clamp is like $12.00 as of 01/2020. It is foolish to not replace it, especially if you already have the cylinder off.
Nice. I'll get one. Where is a good place to order it?

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Another thing you can do when u have the carb pulled off... pull the small impulse line off the carb adapter but leave it connected to the cylinder side. I use spray lube to squirt into that line and see if you can hear it going into the head. If it's plugged going into the head....you will know it.
I think there was just an open Port at the cylinder that the intake just pushed against with an oring/rubber gasket afair. I can give your test a try invade the rubber nipple is bent over or something. Would like to get the update kit for sure.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has the head ever been swapped out or removed and replace at any point? Too much sealer can plug the passage internall....or the wrong head can have the impulse hole in the wrong spot...

Or that rubber nipple can be kinked or collapsed. ... all kinds of stuff can interfere with impulse. Just put some spray lube down that short impulse line to see if it's patent. Best of luck

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Has the head ever been swapped out or removed and replace at any point? Too much sealer can plug the passage internall....or the wrong head can have the impulse hole in the wrong spot...

Or that rubber nipple can be kinked or collapsed. ... all kinds of stuff can interfere with impulse. Just put some spray lube down that short impulse line to see if it's patent. Best of luck
Not sure if the jeadnjas been changed or not. The pulse passage is in the intake port, not In The headgaslet area.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the link. The adapter part looks different on mine. The part shown in the pic, and another part that the carb bolts to. It didn't look like they come apart.

They Do.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The pulse passage is under the intake port and extends to the gasket area.

That said....from your photo above ....pull that short rubber hose from the carb side of the adapter while leaving the motor side still attached. Spray into the hose.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just looked at this thread and saw this picture -

20171026_094954-jpg.93846

That wear pattern on the piston indicates the piston is running at an angle in the cylinder. Perhaps a bent rod, tilted cylinder, tilted crank?

Too late now, its back together.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That staining looks like blowby/carbon staining. See it on lots of saws, especially higher hour ones.