Huskyboy meets the 572xp

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
4:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You log way different than me. Im the feller, skidder operator, loader operator, truck driver ect. Im never more than a few minute skidder ride from the truck.
Yep little different same objective. I don't "log" at all actually I just cut trees. It's kind of interesting how separated the cutters and loggers are separated around here. I enjoy all parts of the industry, specifically the cutting lol.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep little different same objective. I don't "log" at all actually I just cut trees. It's kind of interesting how separated the cutters and loggers are separated around here. I enjoy all parts of the industry, specifically the cutting lol.

Yep, here on the West coast - a faller is not a logger, and vice versa. I cut timber for several years but I know very little about setting up rigging, stringing a tower, rigging haulback, etc. I've watched those boys do it and it's
a whole different ballgame compared to cutting. Especially big tower jobs - that's an art form on its' own. I've got a lot of respect for the guys that stick with it for years. They development problem-solving skills that a lot
of average people don't have.

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, here on the West coast - a faller is not a logger, and vice versa. I cut timber for several years but I know very little about setting up rigging, stringing a tower, rigging haulback, etc. I've watched those boys do it and it's
a whole different ballgame compared to cutting. Especially big tower jobs - that's an art form on its' own. I've got a lot of respect for the guys that stick with it for years. They development problem-solving skills that a lot
of average people don't have.
Definitely I really enjoy watching them rig a tower it's very impressive.

Local time
6:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spare loop, couple bar nuts, maybe an e clip and washer and sprocket if running a stihl. Chain tensioner back in the ms660 days. But that was only if the truck was a long hike or if using Atv to haul everything in and had room for a ammo box for parts.

Cant say I ever heard of someone keeping a brake flag or clutch cover as spares on the job site. Always spare saws around

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You log way different than me. Im the feller, skidder operator, loader operator, truck driver ect. Im never more than a few minute skidder ride from the truck.
Same the way we log hardwood down here I used to push tracks into the bush with the skidder or dozer so the cutters could drive there cruiser utes to within 20 to a hundred yards to what they were up to so they didn't have to walk far to get chit out of there ute and didn't have to waste time walking all the way back out to the dump.
If it was steep ground they would just pull me up in the skidder to grab something out of there ute for em back at the dump.
We never logged cliffs if a dozer or skidder couldn't get to it it stayed there.
But Yeah we log hardwood totally different only take one here one there nothing like the clear felling of hole mountains like up there.
That kind of clear cut down the side of huge mountains I can see why a cutter needs to take parts and gear with him is probably a 30min plus walk? or less? (all I know full time cutters are fit *f-worders and cover ground fast no matter the terrain) but yeah stuff walking back out in very steep chity country just to get back to the landing for something little they need to continue on with there job (we call a landing a dump down here).

Last edited:

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's a nice flat dump with plenty of room up on top of steep ground but according to the rule makers fresh out of university that's an illegal load you can't load up the drive like that anymore.
Even though the guy's that have worked in the bush all there lives know you need that weight on the drive to get out of the bush lol
I'm glad I grew in a time of if you had no common sense you paid for it and that was that but apparently now days we are all that dumb we even need cars that do the driving for us as we are all to stupid to even drive a car man I'd hate to live in a city lol

DSCN0353.JPG

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's a nice flat dump with plenty of room up on top of steep ground but according to the rule makers fresh out of university that's an illegal load you can't load up the drive like that anymore.
Even though the guy's that have worked in the bush all there lives know you need that weight on the drive to get out of the bush lol
I'm glad I grew in a time of if you had no common sense you paid for it and that was that but apparently now days we are all that dumb we even need cars that do the driving for us as we are all to stupid to even drive a car man I'd hate to live in a city lol

View attachment 268111

Do they still allow double ending down there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We used to be small time as far as sawmills go. Just for one cutter we used to pay by the cube he would make 80k on average a year working 5 day weeks.
Had 4 men on at the sawmill pluse 3 family me my brother and boss man my dad.
Now guy's that say you can't make a living with stock saw's are talking out there ass
We had to make way over Three Hundred and Fifty Thousand AU dollers just to pay wages for one year and none of it could of happened without the stock saw's we run go figure? according to the internets stock saw's don't even cut timber you will go backwards? lol
If ported saw's are so far ahead I hope the guy's running them are making the big bucks cause even a stock saw will make you a living.
Just to be clear not saying there is anything wrong running ported saw's just saying stock saw's do keep men in jobs as well it's a myth stock saw's can't cut timber. My father started at the bottom worked hard all his life and retired a rich man all thanks to the stock saw's he run.

Last edited:

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do they still allow double ending down there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My old man was an old school logger he only knew how to do the job through his own and other old school loggers experiences built up over decades working in the bush.
Technically speaking be almost jail time if one was to get pulled up by the scalies with a load of logs like that now days the rules have changed and continue to change almost daily what was ok once is no longer ok. About a foot under the top of the bolsters is what a legal load looks like here now days.

We can't even use a bench grinder on the job down here without a full day safety course our government keeps us all very safe from ourselves lol

Last edited: