Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The brake flags are a known weakness, FFS Jason Egan got like 4 brand new in the box, never opened 572s when they came out for porting and the flags were busted. I haven't broken one on mine yet cuz its too busy sitting on someone's fvcking bench.

Yeh but his wife ran the echo over with her truck. And not a scratch :)

Granted it was in snow, and she couldn't see it.

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@huskyboy I had asked a simple question in my original post about how they broke the brake flags and instead of answering you felt the need to tell me what can break while production falling instead of answering the question. I was actually curious as to how it happened for you to call it a weak point in the saw. We all know as you stated that you crushed yours, I wouldn’t consider the brake to be the weak point on that instance. Was curious as to how the other 2 broke, “your coworkers chainsaws” for you to consider them weak as it wasn’t “your” experience.

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeh but his wife ran the echo over with her truck. And not a scratch :)

Granted it was in snow, and she couldn't see it.

Oh yeah? Well I ran over a stihl bg86 with a Ford 1 ton 15 pack van (with 10 aboard). Had to replace a tank/handle and fuel cap. I guess stihl quality has really dropped off lately (or whatever year that poor blower was made). [emoji1787] Maybe I should snag an echo?

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh yeah? Well I ran over a stihl bg86 with a Ford 1 ton 15 pack van (with 10 aboard). Had to replace a tank/handle and fuel cap. I guess stihl quality has really dropped off lately (or whatever year that poor blower was made). [emoji1787] Maybe I should snag an echo?

I'll have to see if I can find it. Craziest thing I've seen. Popped it out of the box and everything.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@huskyboy I had asked a simple question in my original post about how they broke the brake flags and instead of answering you felt the need to tell me what can break while production falling instead of answering the question. I was actually curious as to how it happened for you to call it a weak point in the saw. We all know as you stated that you crushed yours, I wouldn’t consider the brake to be the weak point on that instance. Was curious as to how the other 2 broke, “your coworkers chainsaws” for you to consider them weak as it wasn’t “your” experience.
Two broke when a log smacked it and the other broke when the guy hit it with his boot getting out of the machine. Mistake, weak point or not... they broke and put the saw back into the truck for the day. A broken saw doesn’t cut wood. Especially one you can’t release the brake band on. Do my experiences mean that others will have the same experiences? No. Am I passing it off as a fact? No. Just sharing what is happening in the life of these saws in my experiences and my opinion. I have nothing to hide. In my experiences they are a great saw for what I use them for. People can read and experiment for themselves. They might not be good for others, or others may have bad luck. That’s cool.

Last edited:

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Two broke when a log smacked it and the other broke when the guy hit it with his boot getting out of the machine. Mistake, weak point or not... they broke and put the saw back into the truck for the day. A broken saw doesn’t cut wood. Especially one you can’t release the brake band on. Do my experiences mean that others will have the same experiences? No. Am I passing it off as a fact? No. Just sharing what is happening in the life of these saws in my experiences and my opinion. I have nothing to hide. In my experiences they are a great saw for what I use them for. People can read and experiment for themselves. They might not be good for others, or others may have bad luck. That’s cool.

Thanks for the answer and I agree it shouldn’t break by just a slight kick from a boot. Like I stated earlier in this thread I think it’s the smoothest chainsaw I’ve ever run and I really like them which is why I get curious if there are any issues reported. Overall I believe they’re a well built saw but only time will tell.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A8C9354E-7D73-40D1-A9EF-157DCA2C1FAE.jpeg 8826C2CA-243D-47F7-A7EC-B2EB989C5882.jpegI did try a tank vent mod today that randy says he does on the ported ones and it did seem to make a difference (on my ported one).

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
12:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Its not split. Its white oak. It's a natural check in the butt, the tree was well over 250 years old
Yes, splits only exist in dimensional lumber and when a Faller creates it.
Whist on the hill then it's just wind shake or weather check (check or shake) My lawyer always said..."Just answer..yes, no or I don't know,, and I'll fix the rest". I came from a province with big government ..lol
Hows it going Coltont?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whist on the hill then it's just wind shake or weather check (check or shake) My lawyer always said..."Just answer..yes, no or I don't know,, and I'll fix the rest". I came from a province with big government ..lol
Hows it going Coltont?
Yup they don’t like shake in sawlogs here. I just called it a split as a generalization.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We cut a bunch of shake ridden hemlock at a job last winter. Junk. Stuff grew on top of a hill getting beat by the wind. The nicer hemlocks were further down the hill. Brings back memories... I hate limbing hemlock. Lol

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hows it going Coltont?
Sup Jamie

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We cut a bunch of shake ridden hemlock at a job last winter. Junk. Stuff grew on top of a hill getting beat by the wind. The nicer hemlocks were further down the hill. Brings back memories... I hate limbing hemlock. Lol

I'll bet the big Hemlocks were very old. They are very slow growing (especially for an evergreen) and can live a long time and get very big.

They can live over 500 years and reach over 5' in diameter, but large ones are very rare.

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hows it going Coltont?
Hey it's going fella. Chaos is all it's been anymore for me. But it's my own doing, just bought a house, have a baby coming in January, busy busy. You still killing trees Jamie?