High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

How do you catch a whole litter of feral kittens?

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven’t had time but haven’t seen them the couple times I looked. I texted the neighbor and he said he had friends into cats so maybe they got them.
That brings up a whole different angle and chuckles. Many years ago while I was in college my brother was the manager at a auto parts store that I spent more time hanging out than I should have. It adjoined the Peking restaurant and the restaurant was closed on Mondays. We had a joke for why.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What is Chinese chicken for 200 Alex.
We had some good laughs at the ole auto parts store when it was slow. Many were joshing the Peking restaurant. One guy was a heckuva lot bolder and meaner than I. He called Happy Joes Pizza and had them deliver pizza to the Peking restaurant.........and they did it! We watched it all unfold from inside the store. To this day I am not sure why Happy Joes did it without a credit card ahead of time, but that was decades ago.

As karma goes the auto parts store is long gone (now a Subway) and the Peking restaurant is still there. It has been there 40 years or close to it so folks like it. It just is not my taste...... but to each their own.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
8:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That brings up a whole different angle and chuckles. Many years ago while I was in college my brother was the manager at a auto parts store that I spent more time hanging out than I should have. It adjoined the Peking restaurant and the restaurant was closed on Mondays. We had a joke for why.
Kinda funny, I work at a parts store and there's a Chinese restaurant further along the building. I've never had a problem with their food, but one day I was got some food from them and the meat was not the chicken or pork it was supposed to be. Still tasted good and I ate whatever it was, but it was the wrong species. I have it on good authority one of the Chinese restaurants deep in logging country used to buy raccoon carcasses back in the day. I always figure if they can cook it up and make it taste good who gives a flying F about what it used to be. The rando chemicals that make food so very very bright and colorful are probably worse for me than a bit of alley cat or trash panda every now and again.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kinda funny, I work at a parts store and there's a Chinese restaurant further along the building. I've never had a problem with their food, but one day I was got some food from them and the meat was not the chicken or pork it was supposed to be. Still tasted good and I ate whatever it was, but it was the wrong species. I have it on good authority one of the Chinese restaurants deep in logging country used to buy raccoon carcasses back in the day. I always figure if they can cook it up and make it taste good who gives a flying F about what it used to be. The rando chemicals that make food so very very bright and colorful are probably worse for me than a bit of alley cat or trash panda every now and again.
I used to sell a few coon carcasses to the local fish market. The owner was ole Fred Brown. He sold them to a "specific population" here that loved them. The problem was, I could not sell him many. The majority of my traps were water sets in sandy creeks. If I dispatched at coon at 5AM one day many times it was the evening two days later before it got skinned. They had to be placed on the fan drier before I could skin it. It is tough to skin a dirty, wet, water soaked coon. At that point there was not any way in good faith I could dress the carcass and sell it. Now all the land caught or dog hunted ones were different as the were skinned quickly. I will never forget the first time my girlfriend (later wife) was watching me skin coons. She said "you would me to dress them out". Heck yeah.....she was a real keeper

Last edited:

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really feel for the folks that travel overseas for business. I know if it was me I won't have a tough time eating. There is a neighbor here that was a heavy equipment demonstrator for Deere. He had to travel all over the world but primarily South America. He would just say you had to rely on your guides and not ask many questions.