High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

How do you catch a whole litter of feral kittens?

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
10:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mama had kittens under our air conditioners. We’re super allergic to cats. 🤦🏻‍♂️

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You might try a live animal trap cage like this one - Vevor Live Animal Trap (Amazon). Might have to use a net like this - Bass Pro Shad Net to catch any of the kittens that don't figure out how to get into the cage.

Don't forget to wear gloves, there are all sorts of sharp and pointy things on those kittens. Push the wrong button and they start to Ginsu your hands, arms...well anything they can reach!

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
12:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When we aquired the property we have now we also acquired over 2 dozen feral cats in the barn. One call to the humane society took care of 22 of them. They live trapped them and hauled them away. Two of them were too smart for the traps and passed away from "unknown causes".

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
11:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They will leave after a couple of weeks.

Growing up there was an old closed saw mill that was full of cats. Last I heard that was still the place to get barn cats if you needed some. 90% of the mill is gone now, but there’s still cats.

Of course, that was along the river in WV, not in the blasted apocalyptic desert where David lives.

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Growing up there was an old closed saw mill that was full of cats. Last I heard that was still the place to get barn cats if you needed some. 90% of the mill is gone now, but there’s still cats.

Of course, that was along the river in WV, not in the blasted apocalyptic desert where David lives.

500,000 acre agricultural oasis in the middle

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have little faith in those type of agencies here, but that will have to be it. Farmer customers like mature cats brought out to their places to keep the rodents down but I dunno if kittens would make it. Coyotes get the cats. Need to catch a couple big toms from my hood and send them out