High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
5:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Working on a 170 stihl I know you guys were putting an adjustable carb on them but having trouble they stihl. Where are you sourcing your carbs from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amazon

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Helped my son put coolant in the Van this evening. The Van holds 7.5 gallons coolant altogether. This vacuum thing he has put every bit of the coolant into the engine before we even started it. Then we fired it up and let it thoroughly come up to operating temp and let it run for a good 30 minutes. Smoothest, quietest engine I've ever had.
:)

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Helped my son put coolant in the Van this evening. The Van holds 7.5 gallons coolant altogether. This vacuum thing he has put every bit of the coolant into the engine before we even started it. Then we fired it up and let it thoroughly come up to operating temp and let it run for a good 30 minutes. Smoothest, quietest engine I've ever had.

That’s awesome! You’ll have you a good rig there! And yes those vacuum fill systems r a must for a lot of the newer chevy and Ford engines. Can’t do it any other way.

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Working on a 170 stihl I know you guys were putting an adjustable carb on them but having trouble they stihl. Where are you sourcing your carbs from?

Amazon, that funky cover on factory carb will bolt on the chicom walbro style carb , dill adjustment holes in side of saw so you can adjust.

Here's a tip , take coil off and file the hole on it to add a little timing. Or file the key , really wakes them up

I've done 5 or 6 for people, gut muffler as much as you can as well .

I have 12 in bar on mine and I use it 95% of the time , it stays in a case in my Ranger

Also drill out tank vent and run hose to carb area and use sthil tank vent , that helps as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ordered another barrel of b/c oil awhile back & told Dale to just drop it at the shed whenever no hurry. He called yesterday & said they don’t sell them anymore because there was a lack of interest in them so he sold me a pallet of cases for the same price. I guess I won’t complain, it was delivered. I was hoping to catch the fall oil/grease sale but they weren’t having one this year.

8C1F3C57-A5C7-4509-99E8-B35A1D65F794.jpeg

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You must do good work!