High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
8:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Pics from yesterday's festivities:

1.jpg This little guy saved our bacon!!!!!

2.jpg the 20' car hauler/equipment trailer. either a 7 or 10K unit, but it was a bit past it's weight rating...

3.jpg The intro to some of what's to be thinned out.

4.jpg Dad's 3.5K trailer, also near maxed out in weight.

5.jpg
The 562 and 201T carried the day. The 372 was running a bit lean and I fattened her up, but still need some tweaking, The Creamsickle (MS250) belongs to the land Owner and the kid who I was helping was trying to use it for felling, SMH. Had a few more saws in the truck, but figured that if I used them all, it was imply more equipment to service afterwards.

I did find out that the back pasture which has a small forest, is also to be thinned. Probably looking at more like 20-40 cords r better. Looks like I found a new second home.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
6.jpg
After this area is thinned, the trees off in the distance, beyond the pasture is the next target of opportunity. While it doesn't look steep, that little area straight ahead of the tractor is about a 10' drop from where the tractor is parked, hence the lack of trailer clearance.

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning!

Waiting for my buddy to come by, we're going to a gun show in KC. Not looking for anything, just going for fun, it's been a few years. On my list is another Airweight, and teaching Nancy to shoot, but not today.

HAve a good day!

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys keep in mind there is NO buyer protection on the facebook marketplace at this time.
My buddy bought a square grinder from a guy he met on facebook, clean swing arm for a asking price of $200+ shipping.
I have thought him well and he talked the guy through signing up for paypal and then sent the guy $3oo = the 3% paypal fee to insure that he would be protected in any case of problems at any point (scam, shipping loss or damage, etc.). Well the guy refused the payment (red flag) because he said his new paypal account would take ten days to let him access his money (not sure if this true or not). So Buddy sent it to him through the facebook marketplace and then about 15 minutes later got a message from one of his friends saying he had just been offered a really nice Simington on Facebook for $200 + shipping. Two other friends got the same scam offer that day.
Facebook responded with : sucks to be you, we just let guys scam each other freely, ain’t our problem, and oh by the well we are allowed to sell all your info including the payment data you shared through us, read our user agreement, suckah, GFY.

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys keep in mind there is NO buyer protection on the facebook marketplace at this time.
My buddy bought a square grinder from a guy he met on facebook, clean swing arm for a asking price of $200+ shipping.
I have thought him well and he talked the guy through signing up for paypal and then sent the guy $3oo = the 3% paypal fee to insure that he would be protected in any case of problems at any point (scam, shipping loss or damage, etc.). Well the guy refused the payment (red flag) because he said his new paypal account would take ten days to let him access his money (not sure if this true or not). So Buddy sent it to him through the facebook marketplace and then about 15 minutes later got a message from one of his friends saying he had just been offered a really nice Simington on Facebook for $200 + shipping. Two other friends got the same scam offer that day.
Facebook responded with : sucks to be you, we just let guys scam each other freely, ain’t our problem, and oh by the well we are allowed to sell all your info including the payment data you shared through us, read our user agreement, suckah, GFY.

Thanks for sharing. When Ive sold on there its cash and curb.

oologahan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've bought at least 7 or 8 chainsaws on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist sending money orders for the saw and shipping in advance and never had a problem. BUT, I realize that the minute I send the money I may never see it again. However before I send the money order I do get a name, address, phone number on the seller as well as doing a background check. Commiting fraud with a postal money order is a federal offense and had anyone defrauded me all I would have to do is call the local county sheriff and show the receipt for the money order.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And people wonder why I deleted my Facebook account years ago.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
More than one guy got screwed on that deal Dave, there was 3 guys I know of that sent this thug money

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do a lot of buying on Marketplace and Craigslist and selling, too .However, I don't do anything that's not face to face, in person, type of thing . Cash only . In person deals limits me to how far I'm willing to go to get something . Usually about 2 hours one way .
As it says on money, "In God we trust",
All others pay cash .

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good Morning!
The merchandise has to be within resonable fuel expense distance and I put my hands on the merchandise and pay for it or I pass. I know I've lost a lot of great deals that were probably legit but.....
I've got an aquaintance that will make a day trip and drive 500 miles for a vintage saw that's worth $75 at the most.
Getting to the point that the deals have to fall in my lap before I go for them anymore.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Man Mark Zuckerman is a *b-word for letting stuff like that slide.