5:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Super skip nice for sharpening I bet.

Lol can u imagine?
I get irritated with 27” full comp sharpening

Yes, unfortunately a reality when it comes to big bars

I run full comp, no skip sequence. Ported 3120 doesn’t need help to pull whatever length you run. Heck, even milling with the 50” on a 46” width cut of white oak for over 12 feet in length, full comp semichisel with 404 and an 8 tooth went quickly and smooth.

I’ve got a couple of grinders, air coolant piped to the cutter being sharpened……. Even the 72” full comp chains get sharpened pretty quickly

Last edited:

huskyhank

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have some micro drills to open up the hi jet when I get there, I would really like to have a fully adjustable carb but being in the UK there isn't anyone I know of that can do the mod for me and I wouldn't trust my self to take that on

There was a thread here not too long ago on how to mod 3120 carbs adding an airscrew. Full details supplied by the head monkey. I think the airscrew is needed because you can tune the saw. Otherwise, upping the rpm with an unlimited coil or opening the muffler leaves your saw lean and you will kill it.

Lakeyboy89

OPE Member
Local time
10:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can also open up the main jet to richen the saw up and lower rpm. I don't have access to a lathe to turn the airscrew down nor the skills. While not as good as a dedicated H-screw it's still possible to tune the saw by boring out the main jet a bit at a time

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
10:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Err,,,, this thread may give you some info…. And a bit more info to what you already have…. then maybe a better direction to start with and get you to where you want to end up ;)
if you see where I,m coming from and hopefully getting you there .:rolleyes:

https://opeforum.com/threads/3120-spice-up-thread.5235/page-2