Grease Monkey Garage

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My mother had a Cutlass Supreme the same exact color…had that damn diesel in it. Wouldn’t get outta its own way to save its’ life!
I remember those. GM's sad attempt on turning a gas motor into a diesel. They were ticking time bombs.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
5:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Details are withheld to protect the guilty, but there was an incident involving the grey "69" Highboy (after the bed was removed) and an oak while trucks/beds were being shuffled. A torch, a porta-power, and a hammer fixed the oopsie, and the guy the bed came from had a chunk of a F350 frame that will donate the springs (for an unrelated reason) and a crossmember to complete the fix.
And it's fixed! And for those of you who are observant, the rear axle is now wearing a set of VERY heavy duty F350 spring packs!
IMG_7536.jpeg

Last edited:

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I witnessed a Garage Miracle! When I was replacing a busted wheel stud on my highboy's rear end one of the axle bolts sheared off in the hole. I drilled a hole in it so I could use an easy-out, and not only did I not nick any threads, the busted section actually came out easily! Heck, it was loose enough I could turn the easy-out by hand!
IMG_7607.jpeg IMG_7610.jpeg

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I witnessed a Garage Miracle! When I was replacing a busted wheel stud on my highboy's rear end one of the axle bolts sheared off in the hole. I drilled a hole in it so I could use an easy-out, and not only did I not nick any threads, the busted section actually came out easily! Heck, it was loose enough I could turn the easy-out by hand!
View attachment 302722 View attachment 302723
That's cause it's a Ferd. Was ready to fall out on it's own.

Just :stick:. I've gots 3 of my own, and a IH 4900. Found myself OnRoadDead couple weeks ago in my DD. Stopped for a coffee, got back in and fired it up. Whent dead in 2 seconds flat. No pulse or dash lights. Nothing ..... zippo. Found a junction block on the fender well with both sides of the pos wires corroded and broken clean off. A razor blade, zip tie, and electrical tape got her goin again. I've still yet to fix it proper.

Between this thread and @Steve 's Ford build thread, my project truck interest has been rekindled. I've been in the Fummins rabbit hole.

@Woodslasher glad to see ya bustin knuckles on that Highboy. :D

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's cause it's a Ferd. Was ready to fall out on it's own.

Just :stick:. I've gots 3 of my own, and a IH 4900. Found myself OnRoadDead couple weeks ago in my DD. Stopped for a coffee, got back in and fired it up. Whent dead in 2 seconds flat. No pulse or dash lights. Nothing ..... zippo. Found a junction block on the fender well with both sides of the pos wires corroded and broken clean off. A razor blade, zip tie, and electrical tape got her goin again. I've still yet to fix it proper.

Between this thread and @Steve 's Ford build thread, my project truck interest has been rekindled. I've been in the Fummins rabbit hole.

@Woodslasher glad to see ya bustin knuckles on that Highboy. :D
It's not a Husky..... I have come to accept busted knuckles and stained hands but for a week prior to a surgery, wedding, etc I am banned from any and all wrenching in the hopes that the assorted cuts, skinned patches, and staining will have disappeared by then. No rot on the bed, the green cab has had all the rust patched and I'm hemming and hawing about patching the rust on the yellow cab or buying another cab and patching the rust on that.
Speaking of wiring, take a look at all the extra wires I found in my truck:
IMG_7575.jpeg

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I see a Snap-on ratchet. Overpriced but good quality tools.
Is that a NP205? I'll be on the hunt for Ford's version. I've seen 'em mated to a ZF6.
I'm back to wanting a stick again. The Allison conversion with a stand-a-lone TCM is just way to expensive.
I like rowing gears anyway .....

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see a Snap-on ratchet. Overpriced but good quality tools.
Is that a NP205? I'll be on the hunt for Ford's version. I've seen 'em mated to a ZF6.
I'm back to wanting a stick again. The Allison conversion with a stand-a-lone TCM is just way to expensive.
I like rowing gears anyway .....
Sorry man, 0 for 2. Husky ratchet and Dana 24. I like Husky stuff, I used to think they were cheap crap but now they have a lifetime warranty and are better quality than the current Craftsman offerings.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry man, 0 for 2. Husky ratchet and Dana 24. I like Husky stuff, I used to think they were cheap crap but now they have a lifetime warranty and are better quality than the current Craftsman offerings.
Not battin good at all, am I?
I never liked Crapsman automotive tools.....I always found them to easy to break, and I don't abuse my chit. My Snapper breaker bar and ratchets have never seen a cheater bar. Not a nick on the shafts. The one Snap-0n dealer didn't want to repalce my breaker bar with the broken ear. Said I must have been abusing it. I said, ''look up and down that shaft. Not a mark on it.'' Got my new replacement.

Last edited: