Grease Monkey Garage

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't recall, is that car a hard top? The speed shop owner i worked for years ago taught me a little trick. Shop space was always challenging. We used to take a cloth fender cover, folded up, and put it on the roof. On top of that we placed muffler boxes in a triangle. This gave us a place to keep the hood, out of harms reach and off the floor. Saved on space too. The boxes gave us 4'' of clearance to open and close the doors.

Don't listen to me though .... I can't even squeeze a lawn mower in my garage. :rolleyes:

Car looks real clean in that compartment.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't recall, is that car a hard top? The speed shop owner i worked for years ago taught me a little trick. Shop space was always challenging. We used to take a cloth fender cover, folded up, and put it on the roof. On top of that we placed muffler boxes in a triangle. This gave us a place to keep the hood, out of harms reach and off the floor. Saved on space too. The boxes gave us 4'' of clearance to open and close the doors.

Don't listen to me though .... I can't even squeeze a lawn mower in my garage. :rolleyes:

Car looks real clean in that compartment.
It’s a t top car. It has a front wonder bar and welded in sub frame connectors.
I have the hood resting on a couple folded up load blankets and leaning against the wall.
I’ve got a ton of clean up to do in the engine bay. New heater box, new trans cooler lines, fuel lines, harnesses to remove/rework and reinstall. Probably replace the wiper motor and w/washer pump while I’m at it.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I traded the silver bike and the Mach Juan for my Cummins dually. The SRT8 was dyno tuned at 420 WHP and 415 WTQ, but I also do not have it anymore either. The red bike was replaced by the silver bike and I sold the Miata last year. I raced the Miata for three seasons until the head gasket gave up. Pulled the motor and rebuilt it in automotive school, but then sold the motor and trans. Was going to put in a 302 and long travel suspension, but we decided to move to Maine. I left it in NC for a while with the intent to go get it, but with the pandemic I gave up and finally sold it to a Miata breaker.

Attachments

• FZ09.jpg
    FZ09.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 28
  • Retaining Wall.jpg
    Retaining Wall.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 26
  • SRT8.jpg
    SRT8.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 27
  • The old crew.jpg
    The old crew.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 12193644_10203728521852578_519460283566891130_n.jpg
    12193644_10203728521852578_519460283566891130_n.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 23

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I traded the silver bike and the Mach Juan for my Cummins dually. The SRT8 was dyno tuned at 420 WHP and 415 WTQ, but I also do not have it anymore either. The red bike was replaced by the silver bike and I sold the Miata last year. I raced the Miata for three seasons until the head gasket gave up. Pulled the motor and rebuilt it in automotive school, but then sold the motor and trans. Was going to put in a 302 and long travel suspension, but we decided to move to Maine. I left it in NC for a while with the intent to go get it, but with the pandemic I gave up and finally sold it to a Miata breaker.
Pretty cool with the lil racer!
I have a love/hate relationship with the retro Challengers, because I'm old school. I very much dislike the new Chargers.
Pifffttt, 4 doors ......

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Pretty cool with the lil racer!
I have a love/hate relationship with the retro Challengers, because I'm old school. I very much dislike the new Chargers.
Pifffttt, 4 doors ......
I don't mind the four doors and calling it a Charger. The travesty is putting the Charger/Challenger name on a German chassis. The Charger, Challenger, Magnum, and 300 are all built on a very old Mercedes Benz E-Class chassis. That aside the platform is actually pretty good and I really enjoyed that car. It was fun on mountain roads and did a great job eating up freeway miles. The Miata was definitely my favorite and put the most smiles on my face, I'd like to find another one eventually. Paco Motorsports has a suspension package for the early Miatas that has travel like a trophy truck and clears 31" tires.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Guess I'll stick this in here.
Lookin for recomendation on good shocks for my DD F250. No lift but I've been thinking of adding Kelderman helper bags on all 4 corners. Have all the stuff needed for air supply and I have a Boss V plow that I can mount on it. That's why I want to bag the front.

I'm thinking Bilstien shocks?
Best place for parts hunting? ...... Rockauto?

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Lookin for recomendation on good shocks for my DD F250. No lift but I've been thinking of adding Kelderman helper bags on all 4 corners. Have all the stuff needed for air supply and I have a Boss V plow that I can mount on it. That's why I want to bag the front.

I would go with Bilstien or KYB if you are replacing the stock suspension. I put the KYB monotubes on my Ram 3500 and have been very happy with them, going to be putting some on my wife's Abarth soon. I would never put a plow on my DD truck, especially after working snow removal for the past two winters with someone else's truck.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
5:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

What is the width of the plow? Standard old V or the newer VXT?
Either way, you shouldnt really need bags for it.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What is the width of the plow? Standard old V or the newer VXT?
Either way, you shouldnt really need bags for it.
The 9' VXT. She's a heavy girl. It's curently on my 1 ton dump. I bought the frame horns and the truck side of the wiring harness so I could use it on both trucks. I end up with a bunch of driveways to do which sucks when using the dumper. I prefer lots but I gotta take what I can get. I thought it would be on the heavy side for the pick-up.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would go with Bilstien or KYB if you are replacing the stock suspension. I put the KYB monotubes on my Ram 3500 and have been very happy with them, going to be putting some on my wife's Abarth soon. I would never put a plow on my DD truck, especially after working snow removal for the past two winters with someone else's truck.
Been plowing for 30 yrs. I still have my first truck. A 1 ton SRW. I've worked the balls off it but always cared for it well. After over 200k the engine could be freshened up, or swapped to a Cummins. Other than that it has no rot. I washed it a lot during salt season.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
3:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Big news from 'Slasherville, I found a bed sooner than I thought! The guy down the road I got a cab for another truck from was parting out a project, so I was able to snag a 1969 bed, tailgate, a drivers side fender, some chopped inner fenders for patch panels, a cigarette lighter to replace my non-original one, some oem style led roof lights, new chrome wiper blade bits, and a handful of stuff for my brother's truck. The plan is to put the 1969 bed on my brother's '69, put his '71 bed on my truck, I'll keep the tailgate I just got and he'll keep his tailgate. It's also looking like my truck might get painted soon as well as there have been a whole lot of discussions going on about "The Yella Truck".
IMG_7463.jpeg IMG_7465.jpeg