Country flag

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
1:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you have the ability to cut valve seats Ed? I have a small neway cutter set for small engines and it's amazing! Just a little pricey.

We have a valve grinder at work.
80% of the pieces and parts are missing.

I was going to hit them with a bit of lapping compound and see how they look. If they aren't what I'm wanting, I'll have to have a machine shop go at them.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My stepdad had my stepbrother and myself lap valves with a crank tool that looked like an egg beater with rubber arrow tip on it. That seem to take forever.

I only have the version you roll between your hands with a different size cup on each end. I've had to replace valves in used heads many times and have not had any issues with getting them to seal with a bit of manual labor. Of course the end result of a 5+angle valve job that the car magazines tell you that are required to make more than 100hp isn't achievable.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
11:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only have the version you roll between your hands with a different size cup on each end. I've had to replace valves in used heads many times and have not had any issues with getting them to seal with a bit of manual labor. Of course the end result of a 5+angle valve job that the car magazines tell you that are required to make more than 100hp isn't achievable.
Slacker.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My stepdad had my stepbrother and myself lap valves with a crank tool that looked like an egg beater with rubber arrow tip on it. That seem to take forever.
I chuck the valve stem in a drill.....use lapping compound on the valve seat....and spin.