Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They're all good ones!!

View attachment 393063
Using brush hog to keep rear on ground? That looks like a dry log, so maybe not. My TC33d’s rear tires have come off the ground before, have to keep hand on joy stick or bad things happen. Tires are loaded and have seen front axle snap on others, if I have to put it in 4x4 to move, just set it down and cut in half.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
12:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Needed shocks, track bar, and ball joints so I did soft ride leveling springs too. Now I gotta lift the rear cuz I can’t see very far to the rear cuz the top of the rear window is too low. Visibility over the hood is poor too. At least with my seat all the way down so I can half way see out the back. Good thuren springs and shocks are $$$$ so I’ll probably do blocks and fab some traction bars.

IMG_3598.jpegIMG_3633.jpeg

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
2:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Using brush hog to keep rear on ground? That looks like a dry log, so maybe not. My TC33d’s rear tires have come off the ground before, have to keep hand on joy stick or bad things happen. Tires are loaded and have seen front axle snap on others, if I have to put it in 4x4 to move, just set it down and cut in half.

No, was brush hogging and needed to move the log. The rear tires are loaded and it will move that log just fine without any additional ballast. Yes, that long is dry. Been down since 2010. I don't typically lift that kind of stuff. Like you, if the bare tractor won't lift it without a ton of ballast then I lighten the load. No reason to abuse the axle.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
3:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got my engine mount adapter plates.
Made in Kansas.
View attachment 394044View attachment 394045
I did manage to get the engine on the engine stand as well.
I need to decide on a brake booster and master cylinder and start running brake lines too..
I used the same plates for my swap. They work good.
A booster and master from a 4th gen camaro or firebird with the LS1 is a reasonable size and a decent price. Plus those cars came with 4 wheel disc brakes so the proportioning valve should be pretty close

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used the same plates for my swap. They work good.
A booster and master from a 4th gen camaro or firebird with the LS1 is a reasonable size and a decent price. Plus those cars came with 4 wheel disc brakes so the proportioning valve should be pretty close

Thanks Mike.
I'll check into that booster/master.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Needed shocks, track bar, and ball joints so I did soft ride leveling springs too. Now I gotta lift the rear cuz I can’t see very far to the rear cuz the top of the rear window is too low. Visibility over the hood is poor too. At least with my seat all the way down so I can half way see out the back. Good thuren springs and shocks are $$$$ so I’ll probably do blocks and fab some traction bars.

View attachment 393069View attachment 393070

Is that a custom drive line?

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dose anyone have a recommendation for a posi unit for a gm 10.5 14bt ff. Was wanting a cable selector unit (ox locker) but they haven’t made one. Don’t really want an arb. Was also hoping for usa made! Want good street manners and not a ratcheting unit! Lol

And do you guys run the smaller piston 1/2 ton caliber in the rear or 3/4 ton caliber? I rand the smaller 1/2 caliber for more psi, it wasn’t overpowering, but i and doing a full rebuild, so it’s a good time to ask! Am also going to swap the master and booster. Have 1 tons in the 72 k5, stock master cylinder, am probably going to go 1ton master, but need to
Do my homework

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dose anyone have a recommendation for a posi unit for a gm 10.5 14bt ff. Was wanting a cable selector unit (ox locker) but they haven’t made one. Don’t really want an arb. Was also hoping for usa made! Want good street manners and not a ratcheting unit! Lol

And do you guys run the smaller piston 1/2 ton caliber in the rear or 3/4 ton caliber? I rand the smaller 1/2 caliber for more psi, it wasn’t overpowering, but i and doing a full rebuild, so it’s a good time to ask! Am also going to swap the master and booster. Have 1 tons in the 72 k5, stock master cylinder, am probably going to go 1ton master, but need to
Do my homework

Only aftermarket unit I personally used was an Eaton/Detroit trutrac unit a bunch of years ago.
It was in an 85 half ton, 400ci, 4l60 on 33" super swampers. I had no issues with it until I bent the axle tube and it loaded up the side gears in it and grenaded it. I replaced the housing, Eaton actually pro-rated the unit for me and sent a new one for like 1/4 the cost of new.

Hulpio

DIY addict
GoldMember
Local time
10:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just out of curiosity what is MPG (or liters/100km 🤣) of a car like that? Highway 55mph.
I pay like 9$/Gallon and 25mpg is considered to be way too much. Living in Finland.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just out of curiosity what is MPG (or liters/100km 🤣) of a car like that? Highway 55mph.
I pay like 9$/Gallon and 25mpg is considered to be way too much. Living in Finland.

Which car? I don't think anything in this thread is anywhere close to 25mpg. But it's more fun that way! Keep in mind none of these are daily drivers.

Hulpio

DIY addict
GoldMember
Local time
10:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Which car? I don't think anything in this thread is anywhere close to 25mpg. But it's more fun that way! Keep in mind none of these are daily drivers.
That 400ci one. Well, big thirsty engines were a thing in Europe too in the past. But it was a loooong time ago and those days they went ballistic with it. Or depends how you think, if you are building a race car but can only get 15hp per litre the engine has to be BIG.
Fuel efficient smaller diesel cars sell at least some figures in the States too I've read. Fun factor is not there on those ones I agree.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Diesel cars have never been a big seller here. I see maybe 3 a year in the shop. Our store alone does an average of 60 cars a day! That's a lot of volume. Even cars marketed as high mpg cars don't seem to get that due to driver habits here. Lots of people idle everywhere with the AC or the heat on. Most of cars that calculate the mpgs on the dash I pull in my bay read less than 20 mpgs average. These are high mpg rated cars too, just poor driving habits.