GoBigBlue1984

Bluegrass Fart Knocker...
GoldMember
Local time
1:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll go into more detail on the porting side of things tomorrow. As far as exhaust goes.....The plan for now is to trim back the factory deflector and open it up as much as it will allow. Then tack it back down.

I’ll raise exhaust to 104-105. Primary’s to open at 118/119 and secondaries to open right behind them. Squish is .019-.020 currently.

GoBigBlue1984

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exhaust port gunna be huge, how close is it to the primary’s? Chance of short circuit?
Exhaust opening won’t be too bad Deeter. But you are correct on the primaries. They are closer than “normal” and short circuiting may very well bite me in the balls. Perhaps I’ll need less time....

GoBigBlue1984

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I asked the Hurco rep if they could fit a 4 jaw onto my TM10, he looked at me like I had 4 heads. This isn’t a production shop and I don’t typically care for 3 jaw chucks. But this hydraulic chuck is surprisingly rigid and accurate. Going on 3 years with it.

image.jpg

I may or may not have “skimmed” the jaws a time or two......:rolleyes:

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll go into more detail on the porting side of things tomorrow. As far as exhaust goes.....The plan for now is to trim back the factory deflector and open it up as much as it will allow. Then tack it back down.

I’ll raise exhaust to 104-105. Primary’s to open at 118/119 and secondaries to open right behind them. Squish is .019-.020 currently.

Be careful..

The intake/exhaust port tunnels do not have a ton of meat to them.

Just watch the wall thickness if you are trying to get the most area on the exhaust.

With the transfers that is a ton of volume holding fuel at low rpm, if they are all open at the same time it can give some low/idle issues.

GoBigBlue1984

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Be careful..

The intake/exhaust port tunnels do not have a ton of meat to them.

Just watch the wall thickness if you are trying to get the most area on the exhaust.

With the transfers that is a ton of volume holding fuel at low rpm, if they are all open at the same time it can give some low/idle issues.
I love it Joe! Great info. This is what’s so cool about build threads. You, Deeter and Kev giving some food for thought